-
Junior Member
registered user
Knoppix 3.9 - 3COM 3C905C-TX Problems
Hello, I have a 3COM 3C905C-TX NIC that is supported by just about every Linux distro under the sun, except that Knoppix 3.9 does not recognize the card as supported when I run the Network Card Configuration tool.
If I do a lsmod, I see 3c59x in the list with a '0' in the "Used by" column. I tried booting with the "pci=biosirq" cheat code just in case but still no dice.
I wonder if this is a 2.6 kernel thing? It seems that the latest stable Ubuntu Live CD also will not recognize my NIC card, but if I go back to Knoppix 3.7 which uses the 2.4 kernel, it works fine. In that case lsmod shows 3c59x with a '1' in the "Used by" column.
Any ideas on how to get this working with Knoppix 3.9? I don't have a DVD drive so I can't try the latest 4.0 DVD release.
Thanks.
DP
Similar Threads
-
By Dunc in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-11-2005, 10:28 AM
-
By jose luis vazquez in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-17-2005, 02:09 AM
-
By raduen in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-25-2004, 09:32 PM
-
By steve1401 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-06-2004, 02:18 PM
-
By Li Gwai Lo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-11-2004, 01:13 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Amiga Model 1080 RGB color CRT monitor - Parts Or Repair - Doesn’t Power On
$100.00

RGB2HDMI Amiga 500 UltraLong (Accelerator Friendly) HDMI Games, non-RTG A500
$50.00

Microbotics Starboard 2MB + SCSI Sidecar for Amiga 1000 Vintage Computer READ
$329.00

HighFlyer Amiga 4000 Tower & Bus Extender, Expansion Systems A4000T Kit
$888.50

Amiga 1000 Computer w/ Monitor Keyboard Mouse Disc Drive Sidecar Expansion Discs
$895.00

Amiga Emplant Emulator Card For Commodore Amiga 2000 4000 3000
$249.00

Commodore Amiga 4000 Motherboard Rev B - untested
$225.00

BlueSCSI v2 Internal 50-pin 3.5" SCSI Drive ,Wi-Fi,For Macintosh, Amiga, PC
$52.99

ALS Storage Box with Assorted Amiga Format 3.5" Floppy Disks
$199.00

OPEN BOX - AMIGA Genlock Interface Vintage Video Adapter 1300- GREAT
$329.95