-
Getting Airsnort to work with knoppix 3.9
I have a Orinoco gold classic, 802.11b card that I bought specifically so it would work with knoppix-std but std is now way out of date. So I'm trying to get airsnort to work with knoppix 3.9. My card loads fine and I seem to be able to connect to my wireless network fine, but when I open airsnort and hit start, nothing happens.
I presume I need to set the card to monitor mode or somesuch? I used to use kismet all the time, and had no problems with it but I don't recall what I need to do, exactly, in order to get airsnort started running.
Thank you.
-
found the answer.
iwconfig eth0 -m monitor
or maybe its iwconfig eth0 mode monitor. I foget, but should be apparently from iwconfig --help.
needs to be run as root. then have to run airsnort as root as well.
although it seems the version of airsnort installed isn't new enough to be all that useful.
-
close but no banna, having basicly the same problem tring to run airsnort... card works fine normally. ie.
Internet works fine, without errors. i do set it manualy iwconfig then ifconfig then route and resolv..
# iwconfig eth1 mode monitor
Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06) : SET failes on device eth1 ; Invalid argument
air snort gives me a ....
wlanctl-ng: Operation not supported ( when tring to start scan )
and a "Gdk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library"
when i try to start airsnort.
i got airsnort from apt.
and the card is a orinoco(silver i think) but badged a lucent.
the card surfs the net etc, just wont sniff...
Thanks..
Linux will rule, soon.
-
Try using Aircrack+Airodump+Aireplay..
Works very efficiently!
http://www.grape-info.com/doc/linux/...crack-2.3.html
This page tells you everything you need to know!
Try using Kismet and Ethereal for other good Wireless Security tools.
Similar Threads
-
By mentaL704 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-29-2004, 07:26 AM
-
By Kumagoro in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-26-2004, 05:27 PM
-
By fblz_no_limit in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 04-23-2004, 03:54 PM
-
By diablo266 in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-10-2003, 02:58 PM
-
By Adam P in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 6
Last Post: 01-21-2003, 11:50 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$174.99

HP ZBook Firefly 14" G8 Mobile Workstation i5 11th Gen 16GB RAM 256 GB SSD No AC
$184.99

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD
$229.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 8-Core Ryzen 7 Pro 4750U 512GB SSD 16GB RAM FAIR BATT
$225.00

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 CPU Processor Brand New Unused
$395.95

AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99

AMD Ryzen 7 9700X 8-Core 16-Thread 40MB Cache Socket AM5 9000 Series Processor
$245.99

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98

Home Assistant Server | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | Intel i5 Quad-Core | Dell OptiPlex
$159.99