Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Internet worked first time, but now it's down

  1. #1

    Internet worked first time, but now it's down

    Hello everybody! I'm new to Knoppix and I have some problems with it. I made the Live CD with version 3.9. The first time I used Knoppix everything was ok. But now, when I boot with Knoppix I don't have internet connection. In Konqueror appears "unknown host" when I try to browse. I repeat, first time the internet worked perfect. I'm on a 256kbps cable connection by ethernet.

    And I have two more problems:
    1. The taskbar (I don't know the equivalent name in knoppix) suddenly dissapears. What's happening?
    2. When I shut down from knoppix, the procces stops at "init....term kill" or something like that.

    Pleasse help me !

  2. #2
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: Internet worked first time, but now it's down

    Quote Originally Posted by radu_dragonul
    I made the Live CD with version 3.9. The first time I used Knoppix everything was ok. But now, when I boot with Knoppix I don't have internet connection.
    This is certainly not a common problem. It might help if you tell us what ifconfig says about your NIC (I assume that's eth0).

  3. #3
    I'm now writing here using knoppix !!! I really don't know how, but the connection is now functional. I've done only one thing: I've used ifconfig, Ihave closed Konsole and...ta-daaa! the internet is working. I will trey to find out what happened, to help the community if this will happen to another user. Below I send what ifconfig told me:

    eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:04:61:558:C0
    inet addr:86.126.76.132 Bcast:86.126.76.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
    inet6 addr: fe80::204:61ff:fe55:d8c0/64 Scope:Link
    UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
    RX packets:4311 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:1021 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
    collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
    RX bytes:956651 (934.2 KiB) TX bytes:252296 (246.3 KiB)
    Interrupt:23 Base address:0x6000

    lo Link encap:Local Loopback
    inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
    inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
    UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
    RX packets:10 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
    TX packets:10 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
    collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
    RX bytes:500 (500.0 b) TX bytes:500 (500.0 b)

    Should I open a separate topic for the other 2 problems? (look at my first post).
    Thanks a lot!

    Radu

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-06-2007, 12:12 AM
  2. How do I update time from the internet?
    By turbine in forum Networking
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-29-2006, 07:58 PM
  3. It worked!
    By Domhnull in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-31-2004, 03:46 PM
  4. Version 3.4 is broken. 3.2 worked.
    By jgombos in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-02-2004, 10:17 PM
  5. HDD instal: NOTHING WORKED!!!
    By The Fader in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 01-20-2004, 04:38 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Compaq 242506-001 Netelligent 100 FDDI DAS Fiber SC PCI Network Adapter Vintage picture

Compaq 242506-001 Netelligent 100 FDDI DAS Fiber SC PCI Network Adapter Vintage

$249.00



Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS picture

Vintage HP 21MX 1000 M-Series Minicomputer Chassis Backplane Parts AS-IS

$228.19



Vintage Intel PC Camera Pack USB CICP3 825118 NOS Open Box Complete 2000 picture

Vintage Intel PC Camera Pack USB CICP3 825118 NOS Open Box Complete 2000

$39.99



Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used picture

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used

$55.99



Buffalo AirStation WLI2-PCI-G54 Wireless G PCI Adapter 54Mbps NEW NOS Vintage picture

Buffalo AirStation WLI2-PCI-G54 Wireless G PCI Adapter 54Mbps NEW NOS Vintage

$49.99



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



Commodore C128 Computer + 1571 Floppy Drive Bundle Tested Working Vintage picture

Commodore C128 Computer + 1571 Floppy Drive Bundle Tested Working Vintage

$322.50



Vintage Canon 5.25

Vintage Canon 5.25" Floppy Disk Drive MD 5501 K-61435-18 UNTESTED

$59.99



vintage Gateway motherboard, socket 370 1ghz cpu, 256mb ram, cables, power switc picture

vintage Gateway motherboard, socket 370 1ghz cpu, 256mb ram, cables, power switc

$62.99



vintage Motherboard Socket 370 with Celeron 1.30 Ghz 256MB picture

vintage Motherboard Socket 370 with Celeron 1.30 Ghz 256MB

$62.99