-
Problem with "Open Office"
I have been enjoying the Knoppix "live-CD" interface.
All the programs seem to work but I have 2 sort of big problems:
#1) Open Office- It loads and all the components seem to work, and when I save a document it saves it. BUT when I try to re-open any documents the progam freezes up!
I have to re-boot to close it then(Open Office)
#2) I have a Creative sound card and Knoppix doesn't recognize it, thus no sound?
I'm an extreme noob with all this and would appreciate any advice or pointers.
I have created a FAT32 Partiton (5GB), and on it have set-up the Knoppix.img file(300MB) and the Knoppix.swp file (200MB)
Please help..Where did I go wrong?
(I would be happy if I was able to get Open Office to work right)
Hope this is the right place to post this..Thanks all for any replies
Similar Threads
-
By connorsllvn in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-24-2009, 12:38 AM
-
By muki46 in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-24-2008, 09:15 PM
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-18-2007, 05:04 PM
-
By cvevans in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-13-2006, 05:45 AM
-
By DirkS in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-18-2005, 12:16 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Dell AT101W GYUM90SK 6780D ps/2 'Clicky' Mechanical Beige Keyboard
$79.00

Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00

Vintage HP Hewlett Packard 2112A 21MX 1000 M-Series 16-Bit Minicomputer
$419.99

Compaq Presario 7594 Vintage Desktop PC Windows 98 SE 64MB Floppy CD-ROM
$129.00

Vintage NRI Model 832 Microcomputer Case - See Photos
$295.00

5x Vintage Apple Macintosh II NuBus Cards 630-4179 NI GPIB DIO Asante Ethernet
$239.95

Vintage Clear M6531 Apple Pro Speakers by Harman Kardon For iMac G4
$59.45

Lot 15 Vintage ISA Controller Cards IDE MFM RLL Winchester Floppy I/O PC XT AT
$179.95

Vintage ECS Micro-ATX Desktop Case | Beige/Dark Grey | *READ*
$80.00

Vintage 1986 Goldenrod Research Corp CP/M Desktop Computer Syste w/Keyboard
$350.00