Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Problem with Open Office

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2

    Problem with Open Office

    I have been enjoying the Knoppix "live-CD" interface.

    All the programs seem to work but I have 2 sort of big problems:

    #1) Open Office- It loads and all the components seem to work, and when I save a document it saves it. BUT when I try to re-open any documents the progam freezes up! I have to re-boot to close it then(Open Office)

    #2) I have a Creative sound card and Knoppix doesn't recognize it, thus no sound?


    I'm an extreme noob with all this and would appreciate any advice or pointers.

    I have created a FAT32 Partiton (5GB), and on it have set-up the Knoppix.img file(300MB) and the Knoppix.swp file (200MB)

    Please help..Where did I go wrong?

    (I would be happy if I was able to get Open Office to work right)

    Hope this is the right place to post this..Thanks all for any replies

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    272

    Re: Problem with Open Office

    Quote Originally Posted by jeff33
    #1) Open Office- It loads and all the components seem to work, and when I save a document it saves it. BUT when I try to re-open any documents the progam freezes up! I have to re-boot to close it then(Open Office)
    It's a bug, see page http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Bugs/3.9-2005-05-27:
    18.) When using OpenOffice, new files can be written, but existing files can not be opened, it just hangs. Stack trace shows it is attempting to connect to the Mozilla Security libraries. The script in /opt/openoffice/program/soffice has this bit of code in it:

    # misc. environment variables
    OPENOFFICE_MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME="$sd_inst/program"
    export OPENOFFICE_MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME

    Commenting this out causes it to work. Security code works as well, you can create signed documents provided you install a certificate into firefox first.

    --JeffreySchiller 22:53, 8 Jul 2005 (GMT)
    At least this has happened with Knoppix 3.9 version.


    -tapsa-

Similar Threads

  1. problem installing open office in hindi version 1.1.4
    By ashmita in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-02-2006, 04:24 PM
  2. Open Office doesn't open in Knoppix 4.0.2
    By scozzese in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-09-2005, 07:05 PM
  3. Problem with "Open Office"
    By jeff33 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2005, 03:05 PM
  4. Open Office
    By haloplayer in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 08:12 AM
  5. Open office doesn't work
    By duncan069 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-16-2004, 05:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel  Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD picture

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD

$1299.99



IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM

$149.99



IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon  E5620 picture

IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620

$199.99



Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For  RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series picture

Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series

$375.00



IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5

IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive

$200.00



IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES picture

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES

$108.92



Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE picture

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE

$295.00



IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS picture

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS

$80.00



IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU picture

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU

$250.00



Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852 picture

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852

$559.00