-
Problem with Open Office
I have been enjoying the Knoppix "live-CD" interface.
All the programs seem to work but I have 2 sort of big problems:
#1) Open Office- It loads and all the components seem to work, and when I save a document it saves it. BUT when I try to re-open any documents the progam freezes up! I have to re-boot to close it then(Open Office)
#2) I have a Creative sound card and Knoppix doesn't recognize it, thus no sound?
I'm an extreme noob with all this and would appreciate any advice or pointers.
I have created a FAT32 Partiton (5GB), and on it have set-up the Knoppix.img file(300MB) and the Knoppix.swp file (200MB)
Please help..Where did I go wrong?
(I would be happy if I was able to get Open Office to work right)
Hope this is the right place to post this..Thanks all for any replies
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Problem with Open Office

Originally Posted by
jeff33
#1) Open Office- It loads and all the components seem to work, and when I save a document it saves it. BUT when I try to re-open any documents the progam freezes up! I have to re-boot to close it then(Open Office)
It's a bug, see page http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Bugs/3.9-2005-05-27:
18.) When using OpenOffice, new files can be written, but existing files can not be opened, it just hangs. Stack trace shows it is attempting to connect to the Mozilla Security libraries. The script in /opt/openoffice/program/soffice has this bit of code in it:
# misc. environment variables
OPENOFFICE_MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME="$sd_inst/program"
export OPENOFFICE_MOZILLA_FIVE_HOME
Commenting this out causes it to work. Security code works as well, you can create signed documents provided you install a certificate into firefox first.
--JeffreySchiller 22:53, 8 Jul 2005 (GMT)
At least this has happened with Knoppix 3.9 version.
-tapsa-
Similar Threads
-
By ashmita in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-02-2006, 04:24 PM
-
By scozzese in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-09-2005, 07:05 PM
-
By jeff33 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-09-2005, 03:05 PM
-
By haloplayer in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 08:12 AM
-
By duncan069 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-16-2004, 05:28 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$1090.00

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive -
$39.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB, SATA III, 2.5" Internal Solid State Drive - Black...
$30.00