You'll have to learn to remaster (it has its own forum). It isn't all that difficult if you are decent or better with Linux but it can be rather time consuming.
I'm not too clear on adding files to my knoppix disk. If I wanted to add F-Prot Virus scanner to my Knoppix CD, or the chntpw tool, how do I add these permanently to the knoppix cd I have?
My understanding of persistent settings is that settings are saved to some other writable media, but how do i add these tools permantely to the knoppix cd so it can be used on different machines.
You'll have to learn to remaster (it has its own forum). It isn't all that difficult if you are decent or better with Linux but it can be rather time consuming.

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
SK HYNIX 32GB 2RX4 PC4 2666V ECC SERVER RAM
$199.00
Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00
USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75
M386A8K40DM2-CVF SAMSUNG 64GB (1X64GB) 4DRX4 PC4-2933Y SERVER MEMORY
$1400.00
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
Intel Optane NMA1XXD128GPS DDR4 2666 4Rx4 ECC 128GB Server Ram
$80.00
5 in 1 Memory Card Reader USB 3.0 OTG Adapter SD Card Reader For iPhone/iPad LOT
$9.99
Microsoft Windows 11 Home 64-Bit USB Flash Drive + Key Retail Box - Original
$39.88