Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: DCOP errors, Knoppix 3.8.2

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    5

    DCOP errors, Knoppix 3.8.2

    Hi. I'm remastering from HD using nelsongs script (if you're reading this Nelson, please check your e-mail and I'm having trouble when initiating X/KDE. There are several DCOP errors and problems with permissions on /home/knoppix.

    Maybe I forgot to delete something before remastering?

    Thanks for your help. I'm desperate.

    Regards,

    Mário Lopes

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    272

    Re: DCOP errors, Knoppix 3.8.2

    Quote Originally Posted by mlopes
    Hi. I'm remastering from HD using nelsongs script (if you're reading this Nelson, please check your e-mail and I'm having trouble when initiating X/KDE. There are several DCOP errors and problems with permissions on /home/knoppix.
    If I have undestood it right, DCOPServer errrors has something to do with /tpm and /tpm/.ICE-unix permissions. In my own remasterings /tpm is right by default (chmod 1777 /tmp) but .ICE-unix is not. The thing to do is:
    Code:
    chmod 1777 /tpm/.ICE-unix
    chown root:root /tpm/.ICE-unix
    I have never used Nelson's script, so I can't say more of this thing.

    -tapsa-

Similar Threads

  1. DCOP server cannot start
    By metalradio9 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-25-2007, 02:01 AM
  2. 4.0.2 and DCOP Communications Error for Konqueror
    By sag in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-15-2006, 08:20 PM
  3. DCOP communications Blues
    By TEHark1 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-23-2006, 08:40 AM
  4. DCOP communications error
    By neilsanner in forum General Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-18-2005, 03:32 PM
  5. DCOP server running
    By mohit.jain.india in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-30-2005, 05:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12 picture

SK Hynix Server Memory 32GB (1x32GB) RAM DDR4 2400MHz HMA84GR7MFR4N Lot of 12

$1599.99



Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA MTA18ASF2G72PDZ-3G2R1TI ECC REG Server Memory RAM picture

Micron 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-3200AA MTA18ASF2G72PDZ-3G2R1TI ECC REG Server Memory RAM

$180.00



2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder picture

2 in 1 USB 3.0 Card Reader Micro TF card Reader usb adapter High Speed Cardreder

$3.99



SAMSUNG 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2400T M393A4K40BB1-CRC0Q ECC REG Server Memory RAM picture

SAMSUNG 32GB 2Rx4 PC4-2400T M393A4K40BB1-CRC0Q ECC REG Server Memory RAM

$250.00



USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack picture

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack

$826.09



Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot picture

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot

$285.90



Samsung 64GB 2Rx4 PC5-4800B-RA0-1010-XT M321R8GA0BB0-CQKDS DDR5 EC8 RDIMM TH646 picture

Samsung 64GB 2Rx4 PC5-4800B-RA0-1010-XT M321R8GA0BB0-CQKDS DDR5 EC8 RDIMM TH646

$2049.98



Samsung LPCAMM2 8533 32GB LPDDR5X M561K2LC4EE0-CCUGM Memory picture

Samsung LPCAMM2 8533 32GB LPDDR5X M561K2LC4EE0-CCUGM Memory

$500.00



SK HYNIX HMAA8GL7MMR4N-UH 64GB PC4-2400T RDIMM Server RAM picture

SK HYNIX HMAA8GL7MMR4N-UH 64GB PC4-2400T RDIMM Server RAM

$289.95



(LOT OF 18) Kingston 16GB PC3L-10600R DDR3L-1333 2rx4 RDIMM ECC Server RAM picture

(LOT OF 18) Kingston 16GB PC3L-10600R DDR3L-1333 2rx4 RDIMM ECC Server RAM

$180.00