-
recompile cloop.o for modified kernel?
I'm trying to do a remaster with a patched kernel. As I understand it, I need to replace cloop.o in the /modules directory of minirt.gz. The new cloop.o should be compiled using the patched kernel sources. But I'm having trouble compiling. From my ordinary linux distro, I chroot to my knoppix remaster sources. Then I go to the /usr/src/cloop-2.01 directory where I have uncompressed the cloop source, and try to compile following the instructions in the README. But I get
root@not a tty[cloop-2.01]# make KERNEL_DIR=/usr/src/linux
Makefile:9: /usr/src/linux/conf.vars: No such file or directory
make: *** No rule to make target `/usr/src/linux/conf.vars'. Stop.
root@not a tty[cloop-2.01]#
If I delete the line that refers to "conf.vars" from the Makefile, things go further, but eventually I get the following:
cc -I/usr/src/linux/include -I/usr/src/linux/include/asm/mach-default -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -fno-builtin -nostdlib -DKBUILD_MODNAME="cloop" -DKBUILD_BASENAME="cloop" compressed_loop.c -c -o compressed_loop.o
compressed_loop.c: In function `clo_read_actor':
compressed_loop.c:205: error: structure has no member named `buf'
compressed_loop.c: In function `clo_read_from_file':
compressed_loop.c:231: error: structure has no member named `buf'
make: *** [compressed_loop.o] Error 1
root@not a tty[cloop-2.01]#
I still don't have cloop.o
Any help appreciated, Michael
Similar Threads
-
By kevingpo in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-08-2005, 01:22 AM
-
By tmp001 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-28-2004, 11:48 AM
-
By BoopaMagal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-24-2004, 12:03 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 06:41 AM
-
By tji in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-12-2003, 06:40 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage 1984 Apple Macintosh MacWrite & MacPaint Boxed Set - Near Complete
$125.00

VINTAGE Apple Mac OS X Computer Monitor
$250.00

Vintage Apple iMac G4 15" Lamp 700MHz 512MB Mac OS X 10.4.6 W/ Pro Speakers
$300.00

Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00

Apple Macintosh PowerBook G3 Series Vintage Laptop w/ Adapter, Manuals & Modules
$99.99

Rare Vintage Koala Technologies KAT Answer To The Mouse For Mac Model MK010
$99.99

185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$90.00

Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95

Vintage Apple PowerBook 15” G4 “Aluminum” (1.25GHz/2gb/150gb/Tiger) 2
$109.99

Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read
$199.99