Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: So near and yet-NO COMPRESSION/ISO-8859-1 problem

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    93

    So near and yet-NO COMPRESSION/ISO-8859-1 problem

    Ithought I was ok but when I do mkisofs etc ( I am using 3.7, but the old harddrive howto script doesn't seem to work so I used the new one although I stuck with my partitions - hda1(fat32t), hda5(Knoppix hard drive install), hda6 (knoppix remaster with cdrom files), hda7 (tohd install)).
    This is what I get:

    knoppix@ttyp1[/]$ su
    root@ttyp1[/]# mkisofs -R -U -V "KNOPPIX.net filesystem" -publisher "KNOPPIX ww
    w.knoppix.net" \ -hide-rr-moved -cache-inodes -no-bak -pad /mnt/hda5 \ | nice -
    5 /usr/bin/create_compressed_fs - 65536 > /mnt/hda6/knx-remaster/knoppix/KNOPPI
    X
    bash: /mnt/hda6/knx-remaster/knoppix/KNOPPIX: No such file or directory
    Warning: creating filesystem that does not conform to ISO-9660.
    INFO: ISO-8859-1 character encoding detected by locale settings.
    Assuming ISO-8859-1 encoded filenames on source filesystem,
    use -input-charset to override.
    mkisofs: No such file or directory. Invalid node - -hide-rr-moved
    root@ttyp1[/]# mount -rw /dev/hda6 /mnt/hda6
    root@ttyp1[/]# mkisofs -R -U -V "KNOPPIX.net filesystem" -publisher "KNOPPIX ww
    w.knoppix.net" \ -hide-rr-moved -cache-inodes -no-bak -pad /mnt/hda5 \ | nice -
    5 /usr/bin/create_compressed_fs - 65536 > /mnt/hda6/knx-remaster/knoppix/KNOPPI
    X
    Warning: creating filesystem that does not conform to ISO-9660.
    INFO: ISO-8859-1 character encoding detected by locale settings.
    Assuming ISO-8859-1 encoded filenames on source filesystem,
    use -input-charset to override.
    mkisofs: No such file or directory. Invalid node - -hide-rr-moved
    Partial read (0 bytes of 65536), padding with zeros.
    [ 9] Block# 0 size 0 -> 84 [compression ratio 100%, overall: 100%]

    Statistics:
    gzip(0): 0 ( 0%)
    gzip(1): 0 ( 0%)
    gzip(2): 0 ( 0%)
    gzip(3): 0 ( 0%)
    gzip(4): 0 ( 0%)
    gzip(5): 0 ( 0%)
    gzip(6): 0 ( 0%)
    gzip(7): 0 ( 0%)
    gzip(: 0 ( 0%)
    gzip(9): 1 (1e+02%)
    7zip: 0 ( 0%)

    Block size 65536, number of blocks 1.
    Done.
    root@ttyp1[/]# umount /mnt/hda6
    root@ttyp1[/]# cd /mnt/hda6/knx-remaster
    root@ttyp1[knx-remaster]# find -type f -not -name md5sums -not -name boot.cat -not -name isolinux.bin \ -exec md5sums '{}' \; >KNOPPIX/md5sums
    bash: KNOPPIX/md5sums: Read-only file system

    There is a KNOPPIX filesystem file but not compresses I don't think (or very little). Anyway I thought I would carry on to see what happens then I get this:


    mkisofs -pad -l -r -J -v -V "KNOPPIX" -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 \ -boot-info-table -b boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin -c boot/isolinux/boot.cat \ -hide-rr-moved -o /mnt/hda6/knx-remaster
    INFO: ISO-8859-1 character encoding detected by locale settings.
    Assuming ISO-8859-1 encoded filenames on source filesystem,
    use -input-charset to override.
    mkisofs 2.01a34-unofficial-iconv (i686-pc-linux-gnu)
    Segmentation fault

    Does anyone know what I have done wrong!!

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    93

    so near

    silly me.Thanks to a post in the forum I realised that I had typos i.e I had left spaces in the code where there weren't any and I had not deleted the \ symbols which marked the end of a line (it's supposed to be all one line so the \ stopsthe code). It was like watching a digital waterfall, very the Matrix. Unfortunately at 803MB it is far to big so if anyone knows how to connect tomcat5 and netbeans without jdk5??

Similar Threads

  1. Remastering DVD -- compression required?
    By troburn69 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-26-2006, 06:57 PM
  2. CROMFS compression
    By shah in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-23-2006, 02:58 PM
  3. Curious about this compression method...
    By gildedlink in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-28-2005, 09:22 PM
  4. How to get a better compression??
    By Sago7 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-05-2004, 11:12 PM
  5. compression
    By CrashedAgain in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-05-2004, 01:06 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray picture

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray

$174.99



AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1) picture

AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 8700GE 8-Core/16-Thread Up to 5.1GHz AM5 (FL1)

$189.00



Pair ID-COOLING A8-SP3 CPU Heatsink Coolers and AMD EPYC 7601 32 Core Processors picture

Pair ID-COOLING A8-SP3 CPU Heatsink Coolers and AMD EPYC 7601 32 Core Processors

$290.00



Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11 picture

Dell OptiPlex 5070 SFF i7-9700 (8-Core) 3.0GHz 16GB 256 SSD Windows 11

$250.00



AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4 picture

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.20GHz Quad Core 100-000000510 8 Thread AM4

$279.99



Apple Macbook Pro 13

Apple Macbook Pro 13" M1 8-Core 16GB 512GB - Good

$464.99



AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW picture

AMD Ryzen 7 9800X3D 8-Core 16-Thread AM5 Zen 5 Desktop Processor NEW

$399.00



Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2  / SR19W   3.30GHz 25MB  8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011 picture

Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011

$30.00



SGIN 17.3

SGIN 17.3" Laptop Intel Quad-Core Up to 2.4 GHZ 8GB RAM 256GB SSD HD

$229.99



Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS picture

Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS

$259.98