-
Administrator
Site Admin-
How is Kboppix configuration info saved?
I'm concerned that somehow configuration information from Knoppix might have been saved that I can't find. In Knoppix 3.2 I have found the menu entry to save the configuration information, and can use it to create a configuration file that is saved on the hard drive; I can see that file under Windows and can delete it to know I've cleared that configuration information.
However, I used the older Knoppix 3.1 for a while; the version that has a pre-checked check box at the pop-up window when you shut down that defaults to saving the "configuration". I believe I always unchecked this, but want to be sure that is no 3.1 configuration information still on my system. I've searched the hard disk and can't find any files that seem to be knoppix configuration information, but I've also deliberately closed Knoppix 3.1 with the save configuration box still checked and even when I do that I can't find a configuration file! So am I overlooking something, or was this information never really saved?
Since it might matter, my configuration is a 2 partition drive, the first partition is a 5 gig NTFS partition for WinXP, the rest of the disk is a Fat32 partition. I've search but neither partition seems to have Knoppix 3.1 configuration information on it, even after I deliberately tried to create some.
Similar Threads
-
By bioll321 in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-24-2005, 04:01 PM
-
By ICPUG in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 10-02-2004, 06:20 PM
-
By tr in forum Networking
Replies: 1
Last Post: 09-27-2004, 07:56 PM
-
By mrburch in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-11-2004, 01:22 PM
-
By maverick in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-01-2004, 12:29 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Intel SPTSLP2SLCDE 100G-DR1 QSFP28 500m 1311nm Transceivers - Lot of 10 - New
$200.00

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99

10Gtek ASF-10G-T 10GBase-T SFP+ to RJ45 Copper Transceiver Module
$19.98

Lot of 9 Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 10-2415-03 V03 10GBASE-SR SFP+ Transceiver
$59.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99