-
DCOP errors, Knoppix 3.8.2
Hi. I'm remastering from HD using nelsongs script (if you're reading this Nelson, please check your e-mail
and I'm having trouble when initiating X/KDE. There are several DCOP errors and problems with permissions on /home/knoppix.
Maybe I forgot to delete something before remastering?
Thanks for your help. I'm desperate.
Regards,
Mário Lopes
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: DCOP errors, Knoppix 3.8.2

Originally Posted by
mlopes
Hi. I'm remastering from HD using nelsongs script (if you're reading this Nelson, please check your e-mail

and I'm having trouble when initiating X/KDE. There are several DCOP errors and problems with permissions on /home/knoppix.
If I have undestood it right, DCOPServer errrors has something to do with /tpm and /tpm/.ICE-unix permissions. In my own remasterings /tpm is right by default (chmod 1777 /tmp) but .ICE-unix is not. The thing to do is:
Code:
chmod 1777 /tpm/.ICE-unix
chown root:root /tpm/.ICE-unix
I have never used Nelson's script, so I can't say more of this thing.
-tapsa-
Similar Threads
-
By metalradio9 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-25-2007, 02:01 AM
-
By sag in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-15-2006, 08:20 PM
-
By TEHark1 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-23-2006, 08:40 AM
-
By neilsanner in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-18-2005, 03:32 PM
-
By mohit.jain.india in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-30-2005, 05:05 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$1090.00

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99

Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00

EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99