Quote Originally Posted by b0
What do u suggest for home use of just 1-2 pcs.
As to what I suggest, it would be harder to answer that rather than give you info on what is available to you there, since I don't know which of the products I see here are available in your country. Linksys generally makes good stuff, but Linksys models are seen on sale less (although I have see the old 4 port wired version for $5 after rebate a few times recently). Other models may have more features though as they try to compete with Linksys. Some models, for example, let you enable and disable Internet access computer by computer based on time of day, which can be great if you have kids who you want to easily limit the access for to times when they should be up or times when you should be there to supervise. Others keep better logs of activity. But all do the basic network acces and firewall stuff.

Almost all of these routers support 4 wired connections (beware of one Linksys model that only supported one). And they can be expanded to support more than four by adding switches or hubs, some limit the expansion to 32 computers, some claim to support as many as 254 on a local network.

Unfortunately, just being here for a short visit may not have helped. The rebates often take months to be processed and received (I just got 2 today that were over 13 weeks old). And there may be compatability issues that are not worth the savings. For example, you would be stuck with a US power connector and have to resolve the power issue for your location. Wireless routers may be configured for the channels legal in the country sold. And some routers sold in other countries support PPPoA as well as PPPoE while the same model in the US may not (although I expect that if you need PPPoE that should not be a problem).

Quote Originally Posted by b0
As for the connection I have no DSL modem but a standart 'Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC'.
I do not understand. If you have no DSL modem, what are you talking PPPoE to? What do you use to connect to the Internet with? This gets us back to my first question, describe your network and the equipment that you use to connect to the Internet. Without this information you may find that we make assumptions based on what you do say and give you bad advice.