Greetings to all
I've been googling around for weeks for that one.
since I upgraded from kernel 2.4.27 to 2.6.11, camserv
( i tried camserv 0.5.1-4)
don't work anymore. Giving a lot of trouble.
Looks like a problem with v4l and v4l2.
I reinstall knoppix 3.6 kernel 2.4.27, I tried to install, again
the same camserv release, same problem.(from synaptic)
When I tried to install camserv, synaptic removed modutils ...
the "reboot" command disapeared, ctrl+alt+del wasn't working anymore.
It replaces all local...
How interesting
No more functionnal knoppix station, Knoppix is REALLY intended to be
from CD and not on harddrive. I wonder why Debian people are asking
"why don't you use a real linux distro ?"
Now I understand. I've been using Linux since 1989.
RH (6 to FC3), Debian, Vector Linux, DSL Linux and knoppix, name them...
The knoppix station i'm working on, is intended to be a video server
for my 3com bigpicture webcam...
I don't mind to change the engine for distribute
the video but, I need advices from you guys.
I display video in realtime (1 seconde interval, 320x240)
in a webpage using http protocol. simpliest and easy.
Thanks for any ideas !![]()
![]()

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09
2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL60 DL80 Gen9 (U15) U15_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL160 DL180 Gen9 (U20) U20_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99
USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
New Samsung DUO Plus 32GB USB 3.1 USB-C Flash Drive Gray MUF-32DB/AM
$19.95
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant BL460cWS46 Gen9 (I36) I36_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99
Critical BIOS ROM HPE ProLiant DL560 Gen9 (P85) P85_3.40_08_29_2024+iLO4
$7.99