Try the /etc/network/interfaces file. I found some info on adding the wlan info like ESSID at http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/m...ng_is_working.. You should ignore the ndiswrapper stuff but I figure that the rest should be correct.
I have Knoppix 3.9 HDD installed and upgraded kernel to 2.6.13. My wlan card is Belkin f5d6020 ver 3 that uses Realtek RTL8180 chip. I compiled driver for my card (rtl8180-sa2400 Linux kernel driver). Driver is loaded from /etc/modules-2.6.13. When I boot to KDE i have to manualy run as root:
iwconfig wlan0 essid linksys
ifconfig wlan0 up
pump -i wlan0.
Netcardconfig does not save my network parameters.
How can i fix that? What files do i have to modify?
Thanks in advance.
Try the /etc/network/interfaces file. I found some info on adding the wlan info like ESSID at http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/m...ng_is_working.. You should ignore the ndiswrapper stuff but I figure that the rest should be correct.
That didn't work for me. I edited /etc/network/interfaces. Wireless-* options did not worked for me. When i do ifconfig it has my ip, netmask, bcast... problem is with iwconfig. It doesn't show my essid..
when i do
iwconfig wlan0 essid linksys
ifconfig wlan0 up
my network starts... without pump. So problem is in essid.
It is not readed from /etc/network/interfaces...
PLEASE HELP... i hate typing every time those commands

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$100.00
Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$1090.00
Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00
EDILOCA EN880E 1TB M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen4 Internal SSD for Laptop/PC
$115.00
Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$99.99
Crucial MX500 250GB 2.5" SATA III SSD - Preowned
$29.00
Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00
2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.00
Netac 512GB SSD 2.5'' SATA III 6 Gb/s Internal Solid State Drive 500MB/s PC/MAC
$73.00
Intel Solid-State Drive DC S3500 Series 240GB Internal 2.5" (SSDSC2BB240G4P) SSD
$29.99