Quote Originally Posted by 7SEALS
I use to be stuck on my moms old windows 98.
I'm using an old Win98 system. Just what are you implying?

Quote Originally Posted by 7SEALS
EDIT: never mind, found it...
NVIDIA Network Bus Enumerator
there is 2 of them listed, my guess one is the wired card and the other is wireless...
I can't really make out much from the above, and I don't expect both network interfaces would show up as the same string shown above. In XP (I would have told you this before, but you didn't bother to give the OS version the first time) you should look two paces:


1) Open control pannel, clasic view, open network connections, Right click and chose properties on the Lan or High speed Internet connection, tell us what is in the "connect using" box.

2) Open control pannel, clasic view, open system, click on the hardware tab, push the device manager button, click the + for network adapters to expand the view of all network adapters and tell us what it shows there.

There should also be good infomation in the manuals that came with your new computer. Consider looking in them.

Knoppix supports most standard 10/100 ethernet interfaces, but support is being added (a bit slower than some would like) for some new 10/100/1000 interfaces built onto motherboards. You didn't bother to answer the question I asked about if the NIC was on its own card or on the MB, so it' getting hard to help you.