-
Some technical questionshi
ok
I just have acquired knoppix 3.9 and i have some questions
about it
What commands can I use to enable extended permission ACL's on files?
which configuration files get modified when I modify the KDE panel bar configuration?
How many and which terminal sessions are available?
and for software development,
Which version of the GCC family of compilers does this version of Knoppix carry?
Are there some goddies of this version for perl?
Does the distribution have a development environment?
Thanks for the help :D
-
Senior Member
registered user
LordCold2099
Not quite sure I can answer your "tech" questions, but, I think I can give you some "clues" on finding these answers on your own...
try doing the following: ( in a root Konsole )
updatedb
locate gcc
Scroll through the output, and see what shows up...
Another avenue, is to use the ever popular, combination: ( again, in a root Konsole )
apt-cache policy [package]
apt-cache show [package]
the first command will show if the package is installed, and if newer versions exist. The second, displays an "extended" description of the package, a lot more information that what is shown as a "one-line" in the apt-cache search [something] command.
As for your other questions, possibly some one else has information on them...
Hope this helps,
Ms. Cuddles
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

2X - SK Hynix 8GB (16GB) 2Rx8 PC4 2133P ECC HMA41GR7AFR8N-TF Server Memory RAM
$61.95

Lot Of 8 Micron 8GB 2Rx8 PC4-2666V-RE2-11 ECC REG Server Ram MTA18ASF1G72PDZ-2G6
$210.00

LOT OF 2 SK Hynix 8GB 1Rx8 PC4-3200AA ECC HMA81GR7CJR8N-XN
$89.95

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

Micron 64GB 4DRX4 PC4-2400T-LE2-11 MTA72ASS8G72LZ-2G3B2MG DDR4 Server RAM KD313
$229.98

USB 3.0 Micro SD SDHC TF Card Reader Memory Adapter for PC Laptop Camera lot
$3.75

128GB (4x32GB) SK hynix DDR4 PC4-2666V RDIMM ECC Server Ram HMA84GR7CJR4N-VK
$799.00

Lot Of 16Micron MTA36ASF2G72PZ-2G1A2IJ 16GB 2Rx4 PC4-2133P-RB0-10 ECC Server Ram
$960.00

TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98