-
Knoppix, Laptop, and Winmodem Conundrum
I am brand new to knoppix and linux. I thought knoppix would be a good introduction.
Here is my problem. I have a Dell Inspiron 5100. It does not have an internal floppy drive, I have a usb floppy drive hooked up to it. I also have a usb thumb drive attached.
I am trying to get knoppix to be able to use the modem so I can get online with it.
I downloaded the scanmodem file, booted up in knoppix and after a while even figured out how to run the commands needed off of the command line, or what would be the command line in windows.
The scanmodem worked and returned the info I needed. The problem was I don't know what to do with it and so I was going to post it on the scanmodem forum for help, but I can't save it anywhere. Everytime I tried to save it to the usb drive, it says it is write protected. The floppy isn't being recognized, nor is the printer. I can't save it to the hard drive as it is NTFS.
How do I save/use the information from the scanmodem?
Thanks
Similar Threads
-
By LinhChau in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-17-2005, 08:23 PM
-
By Skytos in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-07-2004, 12:00 AM
-
By funkea in forum The Lounge
Replies: 14
Last Post: 02-27-2004, 04:15 PM
-
By DJTech in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 02-10-2004, 03:34 PM
-
By gritter in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 11-26-2003, 01:07 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge R640 10SFF 2x Gold 6140 2.3GHz 36-Cores 64gb H730p 2x Trays
$599.99

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99