Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: 2.6.13 + unionFS

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    87

    2.6.13 + unionFS

    Just a friendly tip for any of you guys who like to have the bleeding edge kernel on your knoppix cd's as i do .

    If you are trying to upgrade to the 2.6.13 kernel (note I am testing 2.6.13.1 at the moment) and are having trouble with getting the unionfs module to compile then ensure you grab at least the cvs snapshot build 1719 from http://www.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu/project-unionfs.html

    I've been waiting days for a little stability between the 2.6.13 kernel and unionfs and so far it is working ok.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    272

    Re: 2.6.13 + unionFS

    Quote Originally Posted by firnsy
    If you are trying to upgrade to the 2.6.13 kernel (note I am testing 2.6.13.1 at the moment) and are having trouble with getting the unionfs module to compile then ensure you grab at least the cvs snapshot build 1719 from http://www.fsl.cs.sunysb.edu/project-unionfs.html
    What about 2.6.12 kernel. I could compile unionfs from Apt repository without errors, see my posting "Installing new Debian kernel - what are steps to do?". So my unionfs must be OK?

    Could you please help me and others by telling some basic things to take care of, how to install new kernel to a remastered Knoppix? I have installed new kernel directly with 'apt-get install linux-image-2.6.12-1-686' and then compiled some modules as ndiswrapper and cloop. I have also placed new /dev directory to minirt.gz and renamed new kernel as 'linux' and placed it in /boot/isolinux directory. What else must be done? Now I can't boot my new kernel from CD (kernel panic!).


    -tapsa-

  3. #3
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    87
    OK i'll see if I can throw a quick howto post on remastering with a kernel upgrade. I'll start it off small and let it evolve with some thorough testing ...

    I have seen a few issues regarding kernel upgrades so I think a simple howto is in order. Give me a day or so and I'll get it started.

  4. #4
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    89
    Please do it, it's a subject that needs more explaining. There is a HOWTO at http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Knoppix_Custom_Kernel_Howto
    that could serve as a starting point, but it needs more detail IMHO.

Similar Threads

  1. does knoppix, use aufs? or unionfs? ...still says /UNIONFS..
    By starlyptErin_. in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-22-2009, 10:55 PM
  2. PXE NFS and UNIONFS
    By noobo in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 02:41 AM
  3. Root file system links to UNIONFS (e.g. bin -> /UNIONFS/b
    By Jim Tonic in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-24-2006, 04:14 AM
  4. UnionFS
    By lilsirecho in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-22-2005, 06:42 PM
  5. kde and unionfs
    By ethrandil in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-03-2005, 12:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



Glyph StudioRAID 28TB External RAID Hard Drive Thunderbolt 2 USB 3.0 7200RPM picture

Glyph StudioRAID 28TB External RAID Hard Drive Thunderbolt 2 USB 3.0 7200RPM

$300.00



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$119.99



WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure picture

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array

$55.00



Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile picture

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile

$18.49



CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go picture

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go

$75.00