Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: USB drives and harddrives automount

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    4

    USB drives and harddrives automount

    Should all harddrive partitions and USB drives automatically mount? From what I've read in various posts it looks like they should. All I get is a directory in /mnt corresponding to all the partitions, but they are not actually mounted.

    If they should not automatically mount, can someone explain how to enable it, especially for USB drives?

    When I plug a USB drive in, the directory gets created in /mnt, and the output from dmesg is:

    usb 1-3: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 3
    uba: device 3 capacity nsec 39063024 bsize 512
    uba: device 3 capacity nsec 39063024 bsize 512
    uba: uba1

    Once connected the drive can then be mounted using mount /dev/uba1 /mnt/uba1, but I want this to happen automatically.

    My Knoppix version is 3.9CD

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    16
    Should all harddrive partitions and USB drives automatically mount? From what I've read in various posts it looks like they should. All I get is a directory in /mnt corresponding to all the partitions, but they are not actually mounted.
    I'm a newbie, but they don't all mount for me. I do get a directory for each of them in /mnt, but when I try to mount one of them (uba9, a FAT partition), I'm told that there's no entry /dev/uba9 (and there isn't).

    Under Kanotix, all of them automount just fine Unlike Knoppix, which lists uba1-8 in /dev, Kanotix has only one entry, uba.[/quote]

Similar Threads

  1. Can I boot Knoppix when all harddrives are removed
    By BORTKOMMEN in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-30-2007, 09:06 PM
  2. USB harddrives /pendrives
    By GAZ in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-10-2007, 10:20 PM
  3. hanging with USB-harddrives
    By robk in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-05-2003, 10:15 PM
  4. accessing harddrives
    By chief in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-22-2003, 08:48 PM
  5. Problems mounting harddrives on knoppix 3.2 (vfat)
    By Profound_Darkness in forum General Support
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-01-2003, 07:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 2.5

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot

$60.00



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$545.25



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$330.73



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1746.47



1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive picture

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive

$86.95



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD picture

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD

$129.99



1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 Storage Backup for PC Mac Laptop picture

1TB Portable External Hard Drive USB 3.0 Storage Backup for PC Mac Laptop

$29.99



Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5

Seagate Desktop 1TB/1000GB SATA 3.5" HDD Hard Drive

$29.99