Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Where does wine keep things?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    11

    Where does wine keep things?

    When you install windows programs, where on the harddrive does when keep it?
    I can't find it any where!!

    I tried telling wine to keep files in my home folder, but I don't think it listend to me...



    I have knoppix 4 installed on my HDD.


    (Sorry if this has been asked a couple hundred times...)

  2. #2
    Moderator Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Menlo Park, California
    Posts
    674

    Re: Where does wine keep things?

    Quote Originally Posted by pluto
    When you install windows programs, where on the harddrive does when keep it?
    I can't find it any where!!
    I tried telling wine to keep files in my home folder, but I don't think it listend to me...
    I have knoppix 4 installed on my HDD.
    (Sorry if this has been asked a couple hundred times...)
    If I remember this ritht, it is in the user home directory under .wine/fake_windows or something like that...

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    11

    Re: Where does wine keep things?

    Quote Originally Posted by ruymbeke
    Quote Originally Posted by pluto
    When you install windows programs, where on the harddrive does when keep it?
    I can't find it any where!!
    I tried telling wine to keep files in my home folder, but I don't think it listend to me...
    I have knoppix 4 installed on my HDD.
    (Sorry if this has been asked a couple hundred times...)
    If I remember this ritht, it is in the user home directory under .wine/fake_windows or something like that...
    Thats where it's at!!!
    I can see all my program file and every thing!!

    Thanks a bunch!!




    I have a note for people with the same qustion: You must set your computer to veiw hidden folder & files to see this folder.

Similar Threads

  1. 2 simple things I need
    By xlancealotx in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-10-2007, 09:17 PM
  2. how to get apt and dpkg seeing the same things?
    By arkaine23 in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-08-2004, 11:37 PM
  3. DVD and other things about 3.4
    By firebyrd10 in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-06-2004, 02:59 AM
  4. 2 things that still bug me
    By fingers99 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-26-2003, 01:32 AM
  5. Some things I have added
    By linuxfan in forum Ideas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-03-2003, 04:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2

$75.99



Glyph StudioRAID 28TB External RAID Hard Drive Thunderbolt 2 USB 3.0 7200RPM picture

Glyph StudioRAID 28TB External RAID Hard Drive Thunderbolt 2 USB 3.0 7200RPM

$300.00



Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003 picture

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003

$639.69



Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD picture

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD

$265.00



OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2  for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs picture

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs

$87.99



WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure picture

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure

$119.99



Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV picture

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV

$18.95



Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array

$55.00



Intel® Integrated RAID Mezzanine Module RMS3HC080 SAS/SATA H24093-204 picture

Intel® Integrated RAID Mezzanine Module RMS3HC080 SAS/SATA H24093-204

$24.97



Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile picture

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile

$18.49