-
Sound Card and Internet recognition
I recently downloaded an ISO for Knoppix 3.9, burned it to a CD, and ran it on my laptop. All the programs worked perfectly, except the system was not able to produce any sound nor was it able to detect my wireless card or any wireless networks in the area, not even from the router I have set up in my front room. When I ran it again, I saw on the boot menu that the sound card inside of my computer was not being recognized also. The same thing happened when I ran it on my desktop; it was unable to detect a sound card. Also on the desktop, I was unable to access the internet through Konqueror or Mozilla.
I'm wondering, is there anything I have to configure for the system to allow Knoppix to recognize these things? Or might I just have downloaded a defective copy?
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: Sound Card and Internet recognition

Originally Posted by
The Rockologist
I'm wondering, is there anything I have to configure for the system to allow Knoppix to recognize these things? Or might I just have downloaded a defective copy?
It actually seems unlikely that you have a defective copy. Recent versions have had a lot of problems detecting the sound card on many computers; it fails on one of mine with a standard Soundblaster 16. And wireless networking fails much more often than it works. A new wireless section is being started in the wiki (follow the Documentation link near the top of thispage), but there is a lot more to be added to this wiki article yet. There have been many discussions in the forums for work arounds to set up a sound card and even to get some wireless cards working, it may take a bit of skillful use of the search feature to find them.
Similar Threads
-
By rahoo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 22
Last Post: 07-22-2005, 09:36 AM
-
By AngelFch in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-09-2005, 07:53 PM
-
By Iost in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-26-2004, 02:47 AM
-
By Battousai in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-08-2004, 10:17 PM
-
By crazyhorse333 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-06-2003, 10:43 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Gigabyte 4U AI Server 10x Nvidia GPU 2x Xeon Gold 6150 36 Core 2.7GHz DDR4 RAM
$1499.00

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

867959-B21 HPE ProLiant DL360 G10 CTO Server W/ 2x 865414-B21 1x 840140-001
$245.00

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF 2*2660v4 4*1Gbe h730 2x 750W Server CTO
$308.00

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell Poweredge R730xd 12LFF + 2SFF 2x10/1Gbe H730 Mini 2x 750W Server
$348.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99