-
Knoppix won't boot on my Micron PC
Hello ... maybe you folks can help me out on this one.
I am unable to get Knoppix to boot properly on my PC. During the botup, the Penguin does not appear, and I get a message saying I have passed an invalid mode, and it gives a list of six resolutions ... when I choose one, it will go through the loading process, then when X starts, the screen goes into a weird pattern of colours.
My PC is a Micron PC Millenia ... Intel Pentium III processor ... 734 Mhz, 512 MB ram ... I have had to boot using the acpi=force cheatcode because the BIOS is from 2000. I also have had to use the noscsi cheatcode, because otherwise knoppix hangs while reading the scsi devices. i have also tried using the vga=normal cheatcode, which stops the invalid mode passing ... but the results are no different.
I think the problem may be with my video card ... Device Manager on Windows says that it is a Intel(R) 82810E Graphics Controller. The video card seems to want to use someting called VESA VGA.
Any ideas?
Help would be most appreciated.
Similar Threads
-
By Smitty_ in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-06-2005, 03:53 PM
-
By duah55 in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 03-22-2004, 08:26 PM
-
By UselessPython in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-10-2003, 06:26 AM
-
By UselessPython in forum Laptops
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-04-2003, 05:07 PM
-
By mswarbrick in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 04-18-2003, 12:30 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

EMC KTN-SL3 15-Bay Disk Array Enclosure w/2x 303-108-000E Cards, Dual PSU,No HDD
$239.99

Dell - LSI 9440-8i MegaRAID 8 Port 12GB/s HBA High Profile RAID Card W/Cables
$20.00

Broadcom MegaRAID 9480-8e Fujitsu PRAID EP540e SAS RAID Card (Replac 9380-8e) 8i
$228.00

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.19

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

G-Technology G-SPEED Studio XL 48TB Thunderbolt 2 Storage - Housing Only
$200.00

Areca ARC-1882IX-24 (16i4e)24-Port RAID Controller Card w/BBU /HDD Monitor Board
$300.00