Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Remove Konqueror Autorun?

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9

    Remove Konqueror Autorun?

    Hi, all..
    I have complete my remastering to 97%.
    But I still cannot done some change of knoppix behaviour.
    May anyone know how to remove Konqueror autorun which show up on first run?

    Just that's all.
    Thanks for any help.

    Keith F. Jr.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    The autorun file is /home/knoppix/Desktop/KNOPPIX.desktop and that file opens up the /cdrom/index.html file in konqueror.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    9
    Quote Originally Posted by UnderScore
    The autorun file is /home/knoppix/Desktop/KNOPPIX.desktop and that file opens up the /cdrom/index.html file in konqueror.
    And how about the HD icon which appear at desktop? Can you tell me how to disappear them?

    Thanks for helping me.

    Keith F. Jr.

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510

  5. #5
    /home/knoppix/Desktop/KNOPPIX.desktop
    which isn't there in the mounted ISO.
    I'm guessing I put it in /etc/skel/Desktop/KNOPPIX.desktop

  6. #6
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    13
    You have to edit /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession

    Line 169 (more or less)

    Code:
    [Desktop Entry]
    Name=KNOPPIX
    # Exec=kfmclient openProfile webbrowsing $INDEXFILE
    Exec=konqueror --geometry 850x600+85+70 file:$INDEXFILE
    Type=Application
    Icon=html
    Terminal=0
    EOF
    # ln $HOME/Desktop/KNOPPIX.desktop $HOME/.kde/Autostart/showindex.desktop
    fi
    I just commented the line where Klaus appends the link to the Autostart directory ( ln $HOME/Desktop/KNOPPIX.desktop $HOME/.kde/Autostart/showindex.desktop) because it is annoying to have to close konqueror every time you boot the CD to work, but I like to keep the desktop icon.

    Regards.

    Victor Alonso.
    http://www.knoppix-es.org

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6

    Still Coming Up

    On KNOPPIX CD v.4.0.2, Konquerer is still coming up on boot after doing the following (and remastering after each):

    Commenting the line " ln $HOME/Desktop/KNOPPIX.desktop $HOME/.kde/Autostart/showindex.desktop " in the 45xsession file.
    Removing the line " ln $HOME/Desktop/KNOPPIX.desktop $HOME/.kde/Autostart/showindex.desktop " in the 45xsession file.
    Commenting out the entire KNOPPIX.desktop creation section in the 45xsession file.
    Removing the entire KNOPPIX.desktop creation section in the 45xsession file.
    Adding "rm -Rf /home/knoppix/.kde/Autostart/showindex.desktop" to the end of the 45xsession file.
    Adding "rm -Rf /home/knoppix/.kde/Autostart/showindex.desktop" to the end of a knoppix.sh file in the /cdrom/KNOPPIX/ dir.
    Doing the same two actions above on /home/knoppix/Desktop/KNOPPIX.desktop file.
    Adding those same two 'rm' lines to the end of the /etc/init.d/knoppix-autostart file.
    Scanning my entire image with "grep -r" to see if anything else recreated these files.
    Ensuring that these files did not exist elsewhere in the image and were coppied over at boot.

    I'm at a loss. Konquerer still starts. I'm about at the point of uninstalling the damned thing and just using Firefox.

    Edit: Removing all the references to index.html and all it's variants doesn't work. Konquerer just opens anyway and complains it can't find the file. Even though I have pulled my hair out trying to find where it is coming from, the showindex.desktop file is still showing up in my remasters. Is there a binary that is recreating this file?

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    6

    Solved

    Nevermind... found that the configs.tgz file had the showindex.desktop file in it. Removed the file before running the saveconfig command, and then using that configs.tgz file solved it.

  9. #9
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    manchester, uk
    Posts
    35
    Hi,
    I installed Knoppix 4.0 on the HD. Everything was fine, but suddenly Firefox began to start automatically at the startup. I can't find any way of avoiding that.

    I tried to follow the directions given above, but I can't locate Firefox in the Autostart folder, and I can't locate the 45Xsession file in Xsession.d folder:

    la /home/mmanu/.kde/Autostart/
    total 4
    drwxr-xr-x 2 mmanu mmanu 112 Mar 2 13:58 .
    drwxr-xr-x 4 mmanu mmanu 304 Feb 28 14:35 ..
    -rw-r--r-- 1 mmanu mmanu 1767 Feb 28 17:24 .directory
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 mmanu mmanu 40 Mar 2 13:58 kmix.desktop -> /usr/share/applications/kde/kmix.desktop

    la /etc/X11/Xsession.d/
    total 22
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 288 Feb 28 14:32 .
    drwxr-xr-x 24 root root 1776 Feb 28 20:42 ..
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1871 May 29 2004 20xfree86-common_process-args
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 894 Feb 18 2005 30xfree86-common_xresources
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 1565 May 29 2004 50xfree86-common_determine-startup
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 616 May 29 2004 90xfree86-common_ssh-agent
    -rw-r--r-- 1 root root 170 May 29 2004 99xfree86-common_start


    Could anyone kindly help me?

    Thanks ^__^

  10. #10
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    272
    Quote Originally Posted by valonso
    I just commented the line where Klaus appends the link to the Autostart directory ( ln $HOME/Desktop/KNOPPIX.desktop $HOME/.kde/Autostart/showindex.desktop) because it is annoying to have to close konqueror every time you boot the CD to work, but I like to keep the desktop icon.
    You must comment out some more lines from 45xsession. This is the section that needs to be wholly commented:
    Code:
    # Check for /index.html (_en), or KNOPPIX/index.html (_en) on this CD
    # if [ -e /cdrom/index.html ]; then
    # INDEXFILE="/cdrom/index.html"
    # else
    # for i in index KNOPPIX/index; do
    # INDEXFILEDE="/cdrom/${i}.html"
    # INDEXFILEEN="/cdrom/${i}_en.html"
    # [ -e "$INDEXFILEEN" ] && INDEXFILE="$INDEXFILEEN" && [ "$LANGUAGE" != "de" ] &&
    break
    # [ -e "$INDEXFILEDE" ] && INDEXFILE="$INDEXFILEDE" && [ "$LANGUAGE" = "de" ] &&
    break
    # done
    # fi
    # if [ -e "$INDEXFILE" ]; then
    # cat >> $HOME/Desktop/KNOPPIX.desktop <<EOF
    # [Desktop Entry]
    # Name=KNOPPIX
    # Exec=kfmclient openProfile webbrowsing $INDEXFILE
    # Exec=konqueror --geometry 850x600+85+70 file:$INDEXFILE
    # Type=Application
    # Icon=html
    # Terminal=0
    # EOF
    # ln $HOME/Desktop/KNOPPIX.desktop $HOME/.kde/Autostart/showindex.desktop
    I have also deleted following files from KNOPPIX directory: autorun.bat, autorun.inf, autorun.pif, cdrom.ico, index.html.

    If you want to use some additional desktop just add them to /etc/skel/Desktop. I have also deleted whole mkdesktopicons script because I don't like those hd icons in my desktop. I have 21 partitions and mkdestkopicons adds them all to the desktop. In addition in KDE 3.5 you can set from Desktop settings e.g. mounted partitions to be seen (this is what I have done).


    -tapsa-

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. booting into runlevel 1 want a script to autorun
    By nayrhyno in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-27-2006, 10:10 PM
  2. Autorun Knoppix CD 4.0.2
    By blue_nemesis in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-24-2005, 08:50 PM
  3. autorun
    By kooladi in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-19-2005, 05:22 PM
  4. Firefox doesn't autorun
    By sassi67 in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-11-2005, 12:39 PM
  5. Application autorun
    By sparks40 in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-08-2003, 01:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver picture

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver

$1500.00



Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter picture

Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter

$27.50



NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping* picture

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*

$24.00



Dell Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx CX4121C 020NJD Dual-Port 25GbE SFP28 NIC Low Profile picture

Dell Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx CX4121C 020NJD Dual-Port 25GbE SFP28 NIC Low Profile

$35.00



SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT picture

SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT

$7.99



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port  PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+ picture

HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+

$16.99



(Lot of 10) Genuine Cisco 10GBASE-CU SFP+ Cable SFP-H10GB-CU3M / 37-0961-03 picture

(Lot of 10) Genuine Cisco 10GBASE-CU SFP+ Cable SFP-H10GB-CU3M / 37-0961-03

$99.95



20 X  New Cisco QSFP-100G-FR-W2 10-3659-01 Module Hologram Brand New 20 Pack picture

20 X New Cisco QSFP-100G-FR-W2 10-3659-01 Module Hologram Brand New 20 Pack

$299.00



HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001 picture

HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001

$14.90