(I think those 3 files in KNOPPIX directory are for Windows only)
I have problems, but my situation is different; I remastered Knoppix 4.0.2 with Fluxbox as default WM, but there is posibility to use KDE within Fluxbox by simply running startkde script; when KDE is loading (there is no taskbar yet) Firefox is opening with the index.html page (Firefox is a default browser in KDE settings in ~/.kde); KDE initialization is stopped, but I can shut it down (by logging out), run it again and... KDE works, and there no web browser shows up
now why KDE doesn't work at first time? I think it's becouse of that Firefox, it starts and KDE "hangs" with splashscreen; I commented out all lines that tr suggested
it may be a simply mistake in 45session, I will check it out, too; but maybe you have know a way out
SOLVED: Firefox was in the Fluxbox's startup script and kdeinit, too

KNOPPIX 9.1 Linux Install & Live DVD 32bit & 64bit
$19.99
Knoppix Live GNU Linux System 9.1 on Bootable CD / DVD / USB Flash Drive
$5.99
KNOPPIX USB DVD OS , BEST OF ALL HIGHLY RECOMENDED
$11.99
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 16G USB Stick
$20.85
Knoppix Linux Bootable OS v8.6 "Original Live Operating System" 32G USB Stick
$21.42
$8.00
VINTAGE SOFTWARE | KNOPPIX STD 0.1 (SECURITY TOOLS DISTRIBUTION)
$7.57
Vintage Linux DVD - Knoppix 5.2 - c't Magazine - 7 / 2007 - Software Collection 2
$7.84
$7.00
Knoppix 5.0.1 ULTRA RARE Linux DVD - Linux Pro Extra August 2006
$33.59