Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: uninstalling knoppix from c: drive with windows

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2

    uninstalling knoppix from c: drive with windows

    Well, I searched all over and couldn't find an answer to this. Like a total idiot I installed the Knoppix 3.9 file straight to my c: drive. So now every time I open my c: drive in windows xp control panel the autoexec.bat file (i think) executes and starts up the knoppix info page. How do I delete knoppix off my c: drive and go back to normal? I can't find it in exporer or anyway else. BTW- I know I'm a total noob to Linux- I really know nothing about it...just looking for a little help...

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Belgrade, YU
    Posts
    334
    Does your MS Windows works normaly? If this is a case, you didn't install Knoppix, you just have some file somewhere there which starts every time you start PC. You can delete this file as any other file in Windows.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    2
    My system works normal except for when I try to go directly into my c: drive from my control panel. I have tried to delete the knoppix file from the drive but I can't find it anywhere. All I can find is the file in the place I downloaded it. I copied to c:knoppix to burn it to disk easier. After doing that my hard drive icon next to the c: drive turned to "linux" and when I try to open my c: drive to list its contents, the info page for knoppix runs.

Similar Threads

  1. uninstalling windows xp
    By ANGIE86290 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-24-2005, 09:15 AM
  2. Uninstalling Java from knoppix
    By beforewisdom in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-23-2005, 06:01 AM
  3. Hard Drive Salvage from corrupted Windows XP NTFS drive
    By kidsatacrux in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 08-03-2004, 07:41 AM
  4. Uninstalling Knoppix
    By anman in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-12-2003, 03:49 AM
  5. uninstalling knoppix
    By bigfootedman in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-22-2003, 06:08 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX picture

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX

$59.99



Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery picture

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery

$54.99



⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠ picture

⁠Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)⁠

$29.90



ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI picture

ASUS ROG STRIX X870E-E GAMING WIFI

$289.99



GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard picture

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard

$59.99



ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard picture

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

$76.49



ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI  ATX RGB picture

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB

$69.99



ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used picture

ASRock AMD BC-250 16GB 128GB SSD Used

$220.00



ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU picture

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU

$45.00



ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield picture

ASUS PRIME Z490-V Motherboard Intel Z490 10th gen DDR4 LGA 1200 ATX w/ IO Shield

$84.99