Have tried to create an iso several times but I get a bad superblock message when I transfer it to a tohd install and try to boot it. My partitions are 40GB(hda1) fat32, 20GB linux ext2(hda5) (or sometimes ext3), 10MB fat32(hda6), 8MB ext 2/3(hda7), the rest is swap(hda.
I install knoppix on hda5, persistent home and myconfig on hda1,folder for the destination folder for the remastered iso on hda6 and a tohd install on hda7.
The Knoppix file I create is quite big (770 MB), but I want to check it works before I decide what is going to be sacrificedf (mysql client server, jdk5 with netbeans - a huge 260GB, php5,tomcat5,planner, apache2 etc). I used Knoppix 3.7 because the disk will be for students and since I often have trouble getting 3.8 to work I want to keep it simple.

HP PROLIANT TPS-W003 MICRO- SERVER TOWER Gen 8, 16G RAM
$195.00
Supermicro 1U Network Server Appliance 16GB RAM 800GB SSD 6 LAN Ports Powers On
$450.00
$280.00
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99
HP ProLiant MicroServer Gen8 G1610T @2.3 GHz, 16GB, 712317-001 NO HDD/OS
$199.00
HP Proliant MicroServer Gen8, 4.5TB, (4) HDD, EXCELLENT COND.
$625.00
Supermicro 1027GR-TSF 1U Rackmount Server 2x Xeon 2.3GHz 128GB DDR3
$219.99
Supermicro 2U X10DRU-i 2x E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 32gb Ram 240gb SSD 2x GPU *READ*
$369.99
Supermicro CSE-216 No CPU No Ram No HDD Tested & Reset
$149.99
Supermicro CSE-937 3U Storage Chassis No CPU No HDD No Ram Tested & Reset
$129.99