for windows pc I recomment winUBCD.http://www.ubcd4win.com/
Hi ...
As you might know, I am currently in the process of getting Knoppix to boot on my Micron PC ... as per this thread: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21046
Well, the story is, I've another PC which I am trying to virus-disinfect, but it's so far gone that the viruses have taken over, preventing Norton Internet Security from installing, and setting the hard drive to read-only. I've already cleaned up 600 viruses, and 170,000 infected files!! (yikes)
I have a router connection and the PC's are networked together. The PC in question is a Compaq Presario 6000. My question is: Is there any way that I can remotely f-prot scan the PC from my Micron PC under Knoppix, while networked to this PC? I've tried Knoppix on the infected PC with the f-prot virus scan, but it hangs before the scan starts, because the PC has not enough memory for the scan.
Also, are there other Linux virus utilities that will detect Windows viruses?
for windows pc I recomment winUBCD.http://www.ubcd4win.com/
Scanning a pc accross the network is cludgy at best. About all you can do is map a network drive and scan that. You cannot scan resident memory, etc.
I would not reccomend scanning it accross the network. Actually, if you have another windows box that is not infected, I would immediately unplug the infected box from the network before one of the viri decide to spread to the "greener pastures". Instead, download Network Associates "Stinger", and/or McAffee/Norton emergency disk. If you have Norton/McAffee/Computer Associates, they normally can be started in an emergency mode. Also consider that you can go to some of those web sites and get scanned/cleaned there. If the infestation is too great, then I reccomened just wiping the drive and starting from scratch. Or just boot Knoppix! IMHO....j

Vintage Iomega Bernoulli 90 PRO 90MB SCSI Removable Disk Drive + Extras
$124.99
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2112A 21MX M-SERIES 16-BIT MINICOMPUTER HP
$299.99
Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used
$55.99
🔥 RARE VINTAGE HP 2113A 21MX 1000 E-SERIES MINICOMPUTER CHASSIS BACKPLANE
$249.00
Vintage Laptop HP Hewlett Packard Pavilion N3110 Celeron 433 MHz *Please Read*
$50.99
Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot
$316.95
Aureal Vortex 2 AU8830A2 BA88ST30A-01 PCI Sound Card Vintage Untested
$44.85
RAM-Tester for vintage RAM, 4816, 4164, 41256, 514402, and more - USA Seller
$35.00
Vintage Jetway J-620BF Socket 370 Celeron AT Motherboard SiS 620 Brand New
$75.00
Vintage Microsoft Visual Studio.NET Professional Software suite Version 2002 New
$82.00