Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Kpersonalizer won't go away!!

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2

    Kpersonalizer won't go away!!

    Hello,

    I've created a Knoppix Server with MySQL, Apache & PHP in order to demo my companies software. I've got all services and databases running correctly as well as Mozilla automatically starting and loading a localhost page with the web application.

    Here's the problem. While I've been able to save Mozilla configs with the home page and layout I have not been able to do the same for KDE.

    Here's what I've done. I boot from the CD, run through the KPersonalizer wizard, then when in KDE I configure the desktop, background, colors, konsole, and etc. and copied the subsequently changed /ramdisk/home/knoppix/.kde/ * & .kderc to the /etc/skel directory in my chroot. I then chmod both .kde/ and .kderc to 755 recursively. Finally I create the CD.

    KPersonalizer starts up still!! I've looked in the .kde/share/kpersonalizer in my chroot and it contains the FirstLogin=False flag.

    Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? BTW, if anyone has any questions on getting MySQL working with PHP from a booted CD (with no HDD) let me know. The demo works great I just need to get rid of Kpersonalizer.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Getting MySQL working with PHP from a booted CD:

    Copy the contents of /etc/apache/httpd.conf to a new file, delete the old one (it's actually a symlink) and save the new one (after you have edited it to enable PHP) under /etc/apache/httpd.conf

    Then run

    /etc/init.d/apache start
    /etc/init.d/mysql start

    You can even install Webmin to make things easier...
    Btw, for a server you might want to boot with

    knoppix 2

    to get rid of the graphical stuff...

    probono

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit picture

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit

$99.99



Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 CMK32GX4M2E3200C16 picture

Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz CL16 CMK32GX4M2E3200C16

$159.99



Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC picture

Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC

$29.99



A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G picture

A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G

$21.68



16GB Total of SK hynix PC3L-12800S  2 sticks of 8GB each = 16GB Laptop Memory picture

16GB Total of SK hynix PC3L-12800S 2 sticks of 8GB each = 16GB Laptop Memory

$27.95



Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module picture

Samsung 8GB DDR4 SO-DIMM PC4-3200AA 260-Pin RAM M471A1G44BB0-CWE Module

$29.25



RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED picture

RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED

$445.00



Samsung M393AAK40B42-CWD7Y 128GB 2S4rx4 PC4-2666V-RB2-12-DB1 SERVER RAM ECC picture

Samsung M393AAK40B42-CWD7Y 128GB 2S4rx4 PC4-2666V-RB2-12-DB1 SERVER RAM ECC

$550.00



16GB ( 4X 4GB ) MEMORY DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz FOR DELL OPTIPLEX 790 780 990 980 picture

16GB ( 4X 4GB ) MEMORY DDR3 PC3-10600 1333MHz FOR DELL OPTIPLEX 790 780 990 980

$39.99



Crucial 16GB (2x 8GB) Kit DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800 UDIMM Desktop 240-Pin CL11 RAM picture

Crucial 16GB (2x 8GB) Kit DDR3 1600MHz PC3-12800 UDIMM Desktop 240-Pin CL11 RAM

$41.00