-
Kpersonalizer won't go away!!
Hello,
I've created a Knoppix Server with MySQL, Apache & PHP in order to demo my companies software. I've got all services and databases running correctly as well as Mozilla automatically starting and loading a localhost page with the web application.
Here's the problem. While I've been able to save Mozilla configs with the home page and layout I have not been able to do the same for KDE.
Here's what I've done. I boot from the CD, run through the KPersonalizer wizard, then when in KDE I configure the desktop, background, colors, konsole, and etc. and copied the subsequently changed /ramdisk/home/knoppix/.kde/ * & .kderc to the /etc/skel directory in my chroot. I then chmod both .kde/ and .kderc to 755 recursively. Finally I create the CD.
KPersonalizer starts up still!! I've looked in the .kde/share/kpersonalizer in my chroot and it contains the FirstLogin=False flag.
Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? BTW, if anyone has any questions on getting MySQL working with PHP from a booted CD (with no HDD) let me know. The demo works great I just need to get rid of Kpersonalizer.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb
$1671.47

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro
$316.61

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac
$19.99

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM
$159.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot
$129.99

Acer Aspire 14" AI Copilot+PC Laptop Core Ultra 5 226V Gen 4 ARC 16GB 1TB Refurb
$462.74

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Toshiba DT01ACA100 1 TB 3.5" SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$24.99

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99