Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Kpersonalizer won't go away!!

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    2

    Kpersonalizer won't go away!!

    Hello,

    I've created a Knoppix Server with MySQL, Apache & PHP in order to demo my companies software. I've got all services and databases running correctly as well as Mozilla automatically starting and loading a localhost page with the web application.

    Here's the problem. While I've been able to save Mozilla configs with the home page and layout I have not been able to do the same for KDE.

    Here's what I've done. I boot from the CD, run through the KPersonalizer wizard, then when in KDE I configure the desktop, background, colors, konsole, and etc. and copied the subsequently changed /ramdisk/home/knoppix/.kde/ * & .kderc to the /etc/skel directory in my chroot. I then chmod both .kde/ and .kderc to 755 recursively. Finally I create the CD.

    KPersonalizer starts up still!! I've looked in the .kde/share/kpersonalizer in my chroot and it contains the FirstLogin=False flag.

    Any ideas what I might be doing wrong? BTW, if anyone has any questions on getting MySQL working with PHP from a booted CD (with no HDD) let me know. The demo works great I just need to get rid of Kpersonalizer.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    1,159
    Getting MySQL working with PHP from a booted CD:

    Copy the contents of /etc/apache/httpd.conf to a new file, delete the old one (it's actually a symlink) and save the new one (after you have edited it to enable PHP) under /etc/apache/httpd.conf

    Then run

    /etc/init.d/apache start
    /etc/init.d/mysql start

    You can even install Webmin to make things easier...
    Btw, for a server you might want to boot with

    knoppix 2

    to get rid of the graphical stuff...

    probono

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$125.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



Unfi Security Gateway Pro picture

Unfi Security Gateway Pro

$170.00



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$258.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN

$219.99



Fortinet FortiGate 80E 12 Ports Firewall Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 80E 12 Ports Firewall Appliance

$20.25



Firewalla Gold Plus 2.5GbE Firewall Router – Excellent Condition picture

Firewalla Gold Plus 2.5GbE Firewall Router – Excellent Condition

$435.00



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99



Netgate SG-1100 firewall picture

Netgate SG-1100 firewall

$140.00