when installing kdissert it removed initrd,so I re-installed it. I don't really understand what it is, but from what I have read it might have something to do with my problem.Any ideas?
I have loaded my tohd system with my remastered knoppix file (a bit big) as I wanted to test it.When i boot normally with a disc and the fromhd method I geta bad superblock (if this is a true ext2 filesystem then run e2fscketc.) error message. When i boot with Linux 2.6 it boots OK but within the boot process there is a message that says"Warning process update used the obsolete bdflush system call.Fix iniscripts?.When I boot Linux2.4 I get FAT:bogus logical sector size 5120 kernel panic vfs unable to mount root fs on 01:03 .What have I done or not done?? Which iniscripts does it mean??I have tried reading round but.....??Help I want to laugh again and feel the sun on my face!!
when installing kdissert it removed initrd,so I re-installed it. I don't really understand what it is, but from what I have read it might have something to do with my problem.Any ideas?
Also read somewhere that booting with a disk doesn't work with a hard drive install on the same system as it looks formroot on that partition and that's why the bad superblock. I am going to carry on and assume this thing will work as a disk.If anyone knows otherwise please make sure I am not wasting my time.
problem seems to be with my fat partitions. anyway changed to ext3 and i don't get kernel panic but bad superblock which I can boot all be it with no hardware recognition

HYNIX HMA82GR7DJR8N - XN 3200AA 16GB 288 Pin RDIMM DDR4 Memory
$105.00
Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64-Bit USB Flash Drive (HAV-00162)
$36.99
SMART(Micron)SafeStor 32GB(1X32GB) 1RX4 NN4-3200AA(DDR4) HPE Server Memory
$159.98
TF/SD Card Adapter Camera Reader Android Type-c For iPhone17 Pro Max Plusm lot
$573.98
Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90
128GB (8x16GB) SK hynix DDR4-2133 ECC RDIMM HMA82GR7AFR8N
$600.00
4x Samsung 16GB DDR4-2133 ECC Registered RDIMM PC4-2133P 2Rx4 – M393A2G40DB0/EB1
$379.00
Server Memory: Samsung 32GB 4DRx4 PC4-2133P ECC LRDIMM DDR4 M386A4G40DM0-CPB
$124.95
Micro SD Adapter To SD HC SDHC Memory Card Adapter Reader NEW
$1.39
SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95