I am using a knoppix distro for a roboitcs project and it came on a live cd. I have a laptop that boots windows, slackware, and know knoppix using lilo. I managed to boot the knoppix distro almost perfectly but it is booting the wrong kernel somehow. In slackware I am using a 2.4 kernel and the knoppix distro is suppose to be running the 2.6 kernel. When i use the live cd it boots the 2.6 kernel correctly off the cd. When i boot the knoppix off the HD now it boots the 2.4 kernel and loads the OS. The OS is functional and I haven't noticed any problems but can someone help me boot the correct kernel. My boot parition is stored on the mbr. My lilo config looks like:

#Linux
image = /boot/vmlinuz
root = /dev/hdc7
label = linux
read-only

#knoppix
image =/boot/vmlinuz
root = /dev/hdc8
label = knoppix
read-only

the lilo that i am using is part of the slack distro not the knoppix distro. and in my fstab i am not even mounting the hdc7 parition at all.

any ideas?