Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: How do I connect a windows comp to linux comp?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    11

    How do I connect a windows comp to linux comp?

    I want to connect a windows machine to a linux machine, but the windows machine cannot see the linux box.

    How can I get windows to see linux? (I tried samba server, but it doesn't open )


    (Sorry if this has been asked a gazzillion times...

    I looked for a little while on these forums, but didn't find too much )

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    11
    Never mind...
    I found some form of file sharing that works good enough for what I need...

    It uses a web server, but it works for allowing remote computers to read files.




    Thanks to any one that would have helped!

Similar Threads

  1. Networkless comp install problems
    By I-be-DoH32 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-14-2006, 05:04 PM
  2. Cannot connect to the net using linux
    By regnu_me1010 in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-31-2006, 01:02 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-04-2005, 11:08 AM
  4. how to start vnc server so i can connect from windows vnc?
    By Josh83 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-04-2005, 11:44 AM
  5. New comp coming...
    By Stealth870 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-28-2004, 11:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Samsung 860 PRO  2TB 2.5

Samsung 860 PRO 2TB 2.5" SATA III V- NAND SSD MZ-76P2T0 86%-90% Health

$187.00



Samsung Galaxy Chromebook 14 in Intel Celeron 4GB RAM 32GB Silver picture

Samsung Galaxy Chromebook 14 in Intel Celeron 4GB RAM 32GB Silver

$74.99



Samsung Chromebook 11in Silver Intel Celeron Chrome OS Wi‑Fi Webcam Charger picture

Samsung Chromebook 11in Silver Intel Celeron Chrome OS Wi‑Fi Webcam Charger

$50.00



Samsung Odyssey Neo G95NA -  OEM Stand - BN96-51632B picture

Samsung Odyssey Neo G95NA - OEM Stand - BN96-51632B

$125.00



RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2 picture

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2

$81.99



RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro picture

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro

$81.99



RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4 picture

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4

$93.99



Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung  picture

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung

$89.99



Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem picture

Samsung Galaxy View Tablet 18.4 SM-T670/677A Charging Port 100% Original Oem

$98.99



Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/  64 gig/WIFI picture

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI

$85.00