Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: How do I connect a windows comp to linux comp?

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    11

    How do I connect a windows comp to linux comp?

    I want to connect a windows machine to a linux machine, but the windows machine cannot see the linux box.

    How can I get windows to see linux? (I tried samba server, but it doesn't open )


    (Sorry if this has been asked a gazzillion times...

    I looked for a little while on these forums, but didn't find too much )

  2. #2
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    11
    Never mind...
    I found some form of file sharing that works good enough for what I need...

    It uses a web server, but it works for allowing remote computers to read files.




    Thanks to any one that would have helped!

Similar Threads

  1. Networkless comp install problems
    By I-be-DoH32 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-14-2006, 05:04 PM
  2. Cannot connect to the net using linux
    By regnu_me1010 in forum Networking
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-31-2006, 01:02 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-04-2005, 11:08 AM
  4. how to start vnc server so i can connect from windows vnc?
    By Josh83 in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 05-04-2005, 11:44 AM
  5. New comp coming...
    By Stealth870 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-28-2004, 11:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1

$102.99



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i5 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$316.61



External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac picture

External SSD 1TB 2TB 4TB Portable Hard Drive USB 3.0 Type-C High Speed PC Mac

$19.99



External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A picture

External Solid State Drive USB 3.2 Gen2, 1TB SSD External Hard Drive with C to A

$100.00



SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM picture

SAMSUNG T7 Portable SSD 1TB Indigo Blue USB 3.2 Gen2 External MU-PC1T0H/AM

$159.99



Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot picture

Netac 2TB 1TB 500GB Internal SSD M.2 NVMe PCIe3.0 Solid State Drive lot

$129.99



Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1

Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming 15.1" WQXGA OLED 165Hz Core i9-14900HX 16GB 1TB RTX 5070

$1469.00



Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16

Acer Predator Helios Neo 16S AI 16" i9 275HX 2S RTX 5070 Ti 32GB 1TB SSD Refurb

$1746.47



Dell Latitude 14

Dell Latitude 14" Laptop Computer Intel i7 Up To 32GB RAM 1TB SSD Windows 11 Pro

$349.48



Western Digital 1TB 3.5

Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive

$34.99