-
FKDB - From Knoppix to Debian and Back
I tried to install Debian Sarge from the DVD edition on my notebook and it did not found the hardware.
So I installed knoppix from a brazilian edition, kurumin, in portuguese.
Now I want to install the original debian and have access to the root without the knoppix root directory.
How can I do that?
Best regards.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: FKDB - From Knoppix to Debian and Back

Originally Posted by
viabsb
Now I want to install the original debian and have access to the root without the knoppix root directory.
Best regards.
I don't understand what you mean here "without the knoppix root directory." Root always has a 'home' directory which in Knoppix is /root.
It sounds like you really want a Debian system but are using Knoppix/kurumin to get the easy install & the hardware detection; which is what many of us do. The best distro for this is kanotix, if you start with kanotix you should get a clean HD install very close to a Debian Sarge system which has been upgraded to sid.
Root's home directory is /root in kanotix too.
Similar Threads
-
By Sammy1719 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 05-19-2009, 08:22 AM
-
By loaderman in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 8
Last Post: 11-25-2006, 05:57 PM
-
By Harry Kuhman in forum Ideas
Replies: 11
Last Post: 01-19-2005, 08:06 PM
-
By datakid in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 11-07-2003, 07:46 AM
-
By William_Olbrys in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-13-2003, 08:27 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU
$197.76

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$95.20

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS
$578.08

Lenovo ThinkSystem SN550 Blade | 7X16 | 01KP356 | Drives and RAM not included
$299.99