file:/etc/ppp/peers, file:/etc/network Don't touch anything!![]()
Hi,
I have installed Knoppix 3.7 on Harddisk and configured DSL and NX-Server. Now after a login both is active available.
But where is the entry which starts DSL an NX-Server? There neither isn' t a startup-scipt in /etc/rc5.d (default-runlevel with S20cupsys and S99kdm) nor in /etc/rcS.d .
Can someone explane that to me?
Karsten
file:/etc/ppp/peers, file:/etc/network Don't touch anything!![]()
O.K., there ' s a script /etc/ppp/ppp_on_boot.dsl, which takes the configuration from /etc/ppp/peers/dsl-provider.
But how is ppp_on_boot.dsl started?
There is some relation with usr/sbin/pppoe, I don't know much. You can look at "man pppd" if you want to explore deeper....
Thanks.
I´had a look there and became an idea while reading. With your help and the help from another forum-reply in http://linuxforen.de/forums/index.phpYou can look at "man pppd" if you want to explore deeper....
I think, that I now can found a result for my problems.
Greetings
Karsten
Oh sorry, I forgot to write:
There are some scripts in /etc/rcS.d which I try to understand. An I´m think that these scripts starts other scripts ... and at least, the files in /etc/ppp.
For me it´s important, that one of these scripts starts the pppd with its configuration files.
Karsten

Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...
$749.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99
Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50
Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 1 14" AMD Ryzen 5 16GB 256GB SSD
$219.99
Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...
$379.99
LENOVO THINKPAD T14 GEN 2i CORE I7-11165G7 2.8GHZ 16GB 512GB SSD WCAM WI1 CORD
$250.00
LENOVO THINKBOOK 14 G2 ITL [email protected] 16GB RAM 256SSD BLIT BT WEBCAM TOUCH
$259.99
Lenovo ThinkPad laptop T490 14" i5 8365U 16GB NEW 256gb SSD WIN 11 pro CAM WIFI
$249.99
Windows 11 PRO Laptop Notebook PC Computer, 8GB Ram, Webcam, Wifi, and HDMI
$144.00