-
Starting DSL automaticly without script?
Hi,
I have installed Knoppix 3.7 on Harddisk and configured DSL and NX-Server. Now after a login both is active available.
But where is the entry which starts DSL an NX-Server? There neither isn' t a startup-scipt in /etc/rc5.d (default-runlevel with S20cupsys and S99kdm) nor in /etc/rcS.d .
Can someone explane that to me?
Karsten
-
Senior Member
registered user
file:/etc/ppp/peers, file:/etc/network Don't touch anything!
-
O.K., there ' s a script /etc/ppp/ppp_on_boot.dsl, which takes the configuration from /etc/ppp/peers/dsl-provider.
But how is ppp_on_boot.dsl started?
-
Senior Member
registered user
There is some relation with usr/sbin/pppoe, I don't know much. You can look at "man pppd" if you want to explore deeper....
-
Thanks.
You can look at "man pppd" if you want to explore deeper....
I´had a look there and became an idea while reading. With your help and the help from another forum-reply in http://linuxforen.de/forums/index.php
I think, that I now can found a result for my problems.
Greetings
Karsten
-
Oh sorry, I forgot to write:
There are some scripts in /etc/rcS.d which I try to understand. An I´m think that these scripts starts other scripts ... and at least, the files in /etc/ppp.
For me it´s important, that one of these scripts starts the pppd with its configuration files.
Karsten
Similar Threads
-
By your_breakfast in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 11
Last Post: 12-14-2004, 06:26 PM
-
By your_breakfast in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 12-14-2004, 02:22 PM
-
By ska_p_te in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 3
Last Post: 10-29-2004, 09:03 PM
-
By Berdt in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-29-2003, 03:01 AM
-
By DavidTempler in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-07-2003, 09:17 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

IBM Power S822 POWER8 1x CPU 32GB DDR4 RAM 2U Rack Server No HDD.
$629.99

Lot of 2 IBM blade center Type H chassis 8852
$559.00

IBM 7915 AC1 M4 E27R704 Server Intel 2650V2 32GB RAM NO HDD w/ 2x 750w PSU
$200.00

Ibm Computer Tower
$400.00

IBM 4262 SYSTEM x3200 Tower - HDD Wiped, NO OS
$80.00

IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$108.92

IBM Power 8 S822L Server 8247-22L POWER8 Enterprise 256GB RAM 2x 00KV626 CPU
$999.99

Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00

IBM System S822 Dual Socket Server Motherboard W/Cage FRU P/N: 74Y4343 Tested
$499.99

IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$149.99