Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: create database mysql

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6

    create database mysql

    hi all

    trying to create a database for a forum software phpBB

    I've got the webserver running and php,i can start mysql fine(I doing everything on the same PC, no hosting anywhere)

    is mysql 3 different from 4 syntax wise?, my knoppix hdd install has mysql4 on it

    i go to command line and type" mysql" then i get


    mysql>

    so I enter
    "create database game_forum"

    then i get
    ->
    i dont know what to do next,i need to put in usernames and passwords

    the phpBB software has a .php install gui,which i cant get done cos it cant connect to my database,cos I have got one i think

    if i type" mysqlshow" i get

    ->

    again

    TIA

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    929
    You really, really, need to get the manual from the MySQL site (or post on the MySQL list).

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    6
    yeah hi thx for your reply,

    but I was already ploughing my way through the manual, I thought the idea of these forums was to help!

    anyway I soon realised that the "->" was, if the command line didnt recognise what i was trying to put in, and was waiting for more really

    back to the database after i had created the database I didnt realise I had to create accounts for it as well ,that took some finding,I think it wasnt clear because knoppix has already got mysql installed I was skipping some of the manual.

    all working fine now,

    feel free to post if you have the same difficulties, I do monitor my posts

Similar Threads

  1. SQL Database
    By dehahn in forum General Support
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-14-2004, 07:23 AM
  2. Database in knoppix
    By wari in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-20-2004, 03:57 AM
  3. [MySQL] Export a DB From PHPMyAdmin to /var/lib/mysql
    By Coume in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-06-2003, 06:42 AM
  4. IMG file database
    By ktheking in forum Ideas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-12-2003, 07:31 PM
  5. Knoppix Hardware Database
    By aay in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-13-2002, 06:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Northgate OmniKey 102 Mechanical Keyboard w Cable PC Untested picture

Vintage Northgate OmniKey 102 Mechanical Keyboard w Cable PC Untested

$169.99



Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra picture

Vintage Computer Keyboard Northgate OMNIKEY Ultra

$120.00



Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used picture

Lot of 2 Vintage Plextor PX-43CS SCSI CD-ROM Caddy Drives + 4 Caddies Used

$55.99



Vintage VGA Ultra II Tseng ET4000 1MB ISA SVGA Graphics Card DOS 386 486 Retro picture

Vintage VGA Ultra II Tseng ET4000 1MB ISA SVGA Graphics Card DOS 386 486 Retro

$100.00



Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot picture

Original Vintage Old Style STANDARD Black CD Jewel Case (Heavy Duty) 90g Lot

$316.95



Lot 4 vintage Intel Pentium Ceramic Gold Pin 133Mhz CPUs untested bent pins picture

Lot 4 vintage Intel Pentium Ceramic Gold Pin 133Mhz CPUs untested bent pins

$59.99



Primax FaxSwitcher II FS100, VINTAGE WORKS picture

Primax FaxSwitcher II FS100, VINTAGE WORKS

$40.00



Lot of 12 Vintage RAM Memory Sticks DDR2 DDR SDRAM Samsung Micron Hynix Crucial picture

Lot of 12 Vintage RAM Memory Sticks DDR2 DDR SDRAM Samsung Micron Hynix Crucial

$39.99



Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board. picture

Vintage Hewlett Packard HP 13181-60074 Circuit Card Assembly / Interface Board.

$135.37



VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED picture

VINTAGE COLLECTIBLE Comp USA Maxtor 20 GB 3.5 Inch EIDE Hard Drive NEW SEALED

$500.00