Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: AMD 64

  1. #1
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Victoria, Australia
    Posts
    31

    AMD 64

    I just upgraded to an amd 64 system.

    My favourite knoppix currently is 3.7, although I have got the 4 dvd en version.

    Are there any issues for me in using an older knoppix with my cpu? Its the 754 so I think its a year or so old any how.
    Knoppix correctly identified it when booting up.

    Are there any plans to produce a 64 bit knoppix?

    Cheerio

    David.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY USA
    Posts
    1,510
    It will run on an AMD64 architecture processor in 32bit mode. I have used Knoppix 3.7 and 3.8.1 on a dual AMD Opteron 240 system and noticed no problems or differences.

    A 64bit edition? As far as I know, Kanotix is the only Knoppix derivative that is 64 bit.

    Practically all of us here are not Knoppix developers but are just community volunteers. You could ask the developers about a 64bit edition at their mailing list at http://sympa.linuxtag.net/wws.

  3. #3
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Montréal
    Posts
    14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare Cromemco Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$225.00



Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems picture

Vintage Rare California Computer Systems Boards for Altair IMSAI S-100 Systems

$295.00



MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800 picture

MITS 88 SIOB Serial-TT, An Single Serial I/O Port S-100Board For the Altair 8800

$189.95



​SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested picture

​SSM IO-4 S100 I/O Interface Board 2-Serial 2-Parallel Altair IMSAI Untested

$119.99



MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board picture

MITS Altair 8800 4K RAM Board

$675.00



Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI picture

Vintage Octagon 256K Static RAM (32 x HM6264LP-12) Board S-100 Altair IMSAI

$150.00



S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI) picture

S-100 backplane motherboard bare PCB 9 slot (for Altair/IMSAI)

$34.99



S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI) picture

S-100 Vector Graphic 64K Ram Board (Altair, IMSAI)

$99.95



CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair picture

CP/M 86 1.1R 8086 Highmonitor 8 Inch Floppy Diskette 80s IMSAI Altair

$29.99



ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute picture

ALTAIR Bitcoin Mining Solutions PDU IEC SERIES 100-250V 30A/24A Power Distribute

$99.00