-
AMD 64
I just upgraded to an amd 64 system.
My favourite knoppix currently is 3.7, although I have got the 4 dvd en version.
Are there any issues for me in using an older knoppix with my cpu? Its the 754 so I think its a year or so old any how.
Knoppix correctly identified it when booting up.
Are there any plans to produce a 64 bit knoppix?
Cheerio
David.
-
Senior Member
registered user
It will run on an AMD64 architecture processor in 32bit mode. I have used Knoppix 3.7 and 3.8.1 on a dual AMD Opteron 240 system and noticed no problems or differences.
A 64bit edition? As far as I know, Kanotix is the only Knoppix derivative that is 64 bit.
Practically all of us here are not Knoppix developers but are just community volunteers. You could ask the developers about a 64bit edition at their mailing list at http://sympa.linuxtag.net/wws.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Zero Trace Pen: All-in-one Tor Network Anonymous Drive + Cryptocurrency Wallet
$147.00

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 128GB Thumb Drive USB Drive Data Storage Jump Drive Lot
$85.80

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$391.59

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

1TB Kingston DataTraveler Max DTMAX/1TB USB Type-C Flash Drive
$86.95

FLASHFORGE AD5X Upgraded Multi-Color 3D Printer CoreXY High-Speed Auto Refill US
$349.00

Wholesale Sale 10/ 30/ 50/100pcs 256MB Metal Swivel USB Flash Drive Memory Stick
$165.90