-
AMD 64
I just upgraded to an amd 64 system.
My favourite knoppix currently is 3.7, although I have got the 4 dvd en version.
Are there any issues for me in using an older knoppix with my cpu? Its the 754 so I think its a year or so old any how.
Knoppix correctly identified it when booting up.
Are there any plans to produce a 64 bit knoppix?
Cheerio
David.
-
Senior Member
registered user
It will run on an AMD64 architecture processor in 32bit mode. I have used Knoppix 3.7 and 3.8.1 on a dual AMD Opteron 240 system and noticed no problems or differences.
A 64bit edition? As far as I know, Kanotix is the only Knoppix derivative that is 64 bit.
Practically all of us here are not Knoppix developers but are just community volunteers. You could ask the developers about a 64bit edition at their mailing list at http://sympa.linuxtag.net/wws.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

GIGABYTE Z890M AORUS ELITE WIFI7 ICE INTEL MOTHERBOARD
$149.99

ASUS PRIME H410M-K LGA 1200 Intel 10th Gen H410 DDR4 USB3.2 Motherboard M-ATX
$59.99

ASRock B550M Phantom Gaming 4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$71.49

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW
$121.45

ASUS Striker II Formula Motherboard With SupremeFX II Included
$225.00