-
Slow USB 2.0 HD? Running at 1.1
Hello, I'm a new user to Knoppix Live.
Right now, my NTFS drive is messed up beyound chkdsk /r ...I tried it, it 'supposidly' fixed everything, but i still get a ntfs.sys error...
Anyways, I have loaded Knoppix, and am in the procoess of backing everything up to a Fat32 80GB External USB 2.0 HD (its by western digital)...I was copying about 20GB of stuff over..and for some reason, it is going extremly slow. Peak was about 1.3MB/ps...
I know this is not the speed that USB2.0 HD's go at...I was wondering Do i have to do anything special to get the 'fullspeed' ??
-
Senior Member
registered user
hmm, perhaps knoppix have given you the wrong USB driver.
the usb 1 and 1.1 that is thew modules begining with uhci or ohci.
check with the comand below (in a comand prompt, console, xterm...)
if you do NOT see ehci there you could try activating it with
hope this works for you. if not post back.
EDIT in some odd circumstances you might have to unmount the drive (rightclick and choose umount) and remove it wait a few seconds atach it again, then mount the drive again. /EDIT
hope this works for you. if not post back.
-
umm, looks like its there...
Code:
ohci_hcd 21896 0
uhci_hcd 31376 0
ehci_hcd 31752 0
usbcore 101496 7 usbhid,usb_storage,ub,ohci_hcd,uhci_hcd,ehci_hcd
Everytime I mount it, I have to do sudo mount -o remount,rw /dev/uba1 /mnt/uba1
it still runs slow...
-
I checked in my bios, it seems my USB ports were set to 'fullspeed' which is 12mbps, i put it on high at 480mpbs, I will try now to see...Also I heard that rmmod ohci_hcd helps.
--
hmm, neither one helps...it says under cat /proc/bus/usb/devices that its connected at Spd=480..but its still giving me 12m speed...
Similar Threads
-
By LiLdEmOnDoG in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 12-19-2005, 06:32 AM
-
By sydspirit in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-07-2003, 08:23 AM
-
By Raineri in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-24-2003, 10:46 PM
-
By CaffeineGamer in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 07-08-2003, 06:14 PM
-
By roberto in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-31-2002, 04:25 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49