Hi all Linux Friends,
i use a simple Wifi Solution at home. Everything is working on Windows XP Systems (1xLaptop + WG511v2 / 1xWorkst. + USB D-link DWL-G122 / AP DL-624+)
All machines are working fine together with or without 128bit WEP encryption.
Now I try to get work my Wireless Card in the Laptop via Knoppix 3.9. I´ve got much helpfull information in that forum here. I am happy now to be able to enable the Netgear WG511v2 PCMCIA Adapter via ndiswrapper and XP Driver. The green LED is on. In the next Step i find the information about my AP by write "iwlist scanning"
Then i write "iwconfig wlan0 essid "XXXXX" and again "iwconfig" to verify if it works. (No WEP encryption enabled by router at this time!!!)
Then IP Adress and Gateway entry and i am able to ping my router. The connection is established fine.
NOW MY PROBLEM !
If i enable the 128bit WEP Key at my AP now, and make a "iwconfig wlan0 key XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XX" then i get the following.
If i make a "iwconfig" The ESSID setting is set somehow to No/ANY and i see the WEP Key and the connection is lost (GGrrrrrrr !)
If i try to make again "iwconfig wlan essid "XXXXX", it doesnt store the new information. I always see that Fucking "No/ANY" at ESSID.
I only can restart and begin new. I do that for 3 Days and Nights now and the hair on my head get less and less. Maybe someone of you can help me please and tell me what i am doing wrong.
BR
Zett

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00
Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00
Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read
$199.99
Vintage Apple Design Keyboard Model M2980 Macintosh 1994 Untested
$28.49
Rare Vintage Macintosh Apple Wooden Disk Storage Box Dovetailed
$69.95
185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$99.00
2X Vintage Apple Macintosh Desktop Computers - IIcx/IIci - Parts Repair Untested
$129.00
Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More
$300.00
Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage
$249.00
Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage All-in-One Desktop Computer
$95.00