-
Junior Member
registered user
Now that I downloaded 4.0.2 CD ...
4.0.2 works from CD-ROM. So I tried using the ISO from hard drive, the way I did for 3.8.2 above.
I copied the linux, memtest, and minirt.gz files from the CD, put them in a boot folder, and changed the grub menu.lst to point to the new files and new ISO. But upon boot, it really hated it.
I did not see a minirt_ntsf.gz file on 4.0.2.
So I tried booting the 4.0.2 ISO from the files that I had been using for 3.8.2. I didn't expect this to work, and indeed the Linux loader complained mightily about some missing module. Nevertheless, when it had finished complaining, I eventually arrived at the Knoppix desktop (using my previously-saved 3.8.2 config) and was able to launch Firefox (off-line). I did not attempt anything else.
I assume that the boot files need to be specially arranged for 4.0.2. ?
Similar Threads
-
By Albretch in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-21-2005, 06:02 PM
-
By francio in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-30-2005, 09:05 AM
-
By papwilly in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 24
Last Post: 03-20-2005, 10:43 PM
-
By brian in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-17-2005, 05:59 PM
-
By Jken in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 06-03-2004, 01:12 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Seagate ST8000DM004 8TB 3.5" 6Gb/s 256MB SATA HDD P/N: 2CX188-300 Tested
$149.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

(ST8000NM0045) SEAGATE ENTERPRISE 8TB 7200RPM 4Kn SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HARD DRIVE
$199.99

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$14.99

HGST Ultrastar 7K4000 3TB 7200RPM SATA III 3.5" Hard Drive HDD HUS724030ALA640
$39.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)
$45.00

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95

Western Digital Red WD60EFRX-68MYMN1 6 TB,Internal,5400 RPM,3.5 inch Hard Drive
$179.99