-
How to install....
Im new in Linux OS and I dont know how to install softwares yet. I donwloaded Mozilla Firefox 1.5.1 Beta and is in the format ".tar.gz". I already extract the files in it but now I dont know how to install this since is different from Windows. Can someone help me?
-
Senior Member
registered user
This is "third party" software, it has its one rules. I don't remember, is there some file install.sh? If it is, try with it in terminal where files are extracted: ./install.sh
-
Senior Member
registered user
you can install many things using apt-get... its a great tool... and i use it alot... for example, if i want firefox, i would type...
Code:
apt-get update
apt-get install mozilla-firefox
and it would not only download it, but install it too... its not that complex... if you havent set up apt-get properly... then
setup up apt-get....
by the way... to install mozilla that one... extract the file... then open a shell, type in the location dir + install
that should open the installer...
-
Thank u all for your help. It worked
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$205.00

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00

Cisco C3850-NM-2-40G Cisco Catalyst 3850 2x40GE Network Module- Fast Shipping
$269.00