What Cheat Codes have you tried what is the video card, a little more information is needed.
Using Knoppix 3.2 (4-15-2003) when Knoppix tries to start X, the video goes blank and no signal is being sent to my monitor. Haven't had that problem with any version up til this. 3.1 boots up fine as did the other 3.2 versions (although I had and have been having some strange mixture of german/english issues). When booting, it looks like it detects the video card just fine. It also looks like maybe the image for the boot floppy on the English iso is a german boot disk.
What Cheat Codes have you tried what is the video card, a little more information is needed.
The card is an older ATI AIW that uses a Rage128 chipset. I've tried no cheat codes.
Thanks
You should try ar least knoppix testcd and knoppix failsafe to make sure the cd is good and it will boot with minimal hardware detection.
Assuming your disc checks out with 'testcd' try booting with
xmodule=ati You may also need to add aditional codes too like so:
knoppix lang=us wheelmouse xmodule=ati
I know that the CD is good. It booted fine on another system.Originally Posted by Stephen
Thanks
Thanks, I'll give it a try. What would the cheat code xmodule=ati buy me if Knoppix appears to be detecting the Rage128 chipset properly?Originally Posted by rickenbacherus
Thanks
I believe this to be a false positive. Your download would be considered incomplete if it missed just one byte of data. If Knoppix never attempts to use that data then theoretically it would boot just fine BUT if on another machine it did need that one byte.........know what I mean? 'testcd' and using 'md5sum' are the only way to be absolutely sure of the integrity of your copy.Originally Posted by computerguy
Exactly I've had CD's that seem fine until install.Originally Posted by rickenbacherus
Hopefully it buys you a running xserver!Originally Posted by computerguy
I have an S3 in aother machine and I boot 'xmodule=s3'
If 'failsafe' doesn't work you can always boot Knoppipx 2 and do some exploring to see if you can get it figured out. As always post back.

Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
A-Tech 8GB DDR3 1600 PC3-12800 Laptop SODIMM 204-Pin Memory RAM PC3L DDR3L 1x 8G
$21.68
PARTS ONLY* Kingston Fury Renegade Pro 64GB 2x32GB DDR5 Server RAM KF556R36RB-32
$599.99
16GB KIT (2x8GB) DDR3 Gamer Desktop RAM PC3 MIXED BRANDS VIPER VENGEANCE FURY
$10.00
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
DDR4 Laptop RAM 4GB 8GB 16GB 32GB 2400 2666 3200 Samsung Hynix
$66.00
Samsung 16GB LPCAMM2 PC5 7500 DDR5 LPDDR5X CAMM2 M561K1LC4DM0-CCTGM RAM Memory
$189.00
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
NEW IN BOX - Corsair Vengeance RGB 32gb (2x16gb) DDR6200 CL36 CMH32GX5M2B6200C3
$550.00
Micron 32GB 1x32GB DDR5 5600 CL46 ECC Unbuffered SO-DIMM MTC20C2085S1TC56BD1
$399.00