file:/etc/ppp/peers, file:/etc/network Don't touch anything!![]()
Hi,
I have installed Knoppix 3.7 on Harddisk and configured DSL and NX-Server. Now after a login both is active available.
But where is the entry which starts DSL an NX-Server? There neither isn' t a startup-scipt in /etc/rc5.d (default-runlevel with S20cupsys and S99kdm) nor in /etc/rcS.d .
Can someone explane that to me?
Karsten
file:/etc/ppp/peers, file:/etc/network Don't touch anything!![]()
O.K., there ' s a script /etc/ppp/ppp_on_boot.dsl, which takes the configuration from /etc/ppp/peers/dsl-provider.
But how is ppp_on_boot.dsl started?
There is some relation with usr/sbin/pppoe, I don't know much. You can look at "man pppd" if you want to explore deeper....
Thanks.
I´had a look there and became an idea while reading. With your help and the help from another forum-reply in http://linuxforen.de/forums/index.phpYou can look at "man pppd" if you want to explore deeper....
I think, that I now can found a result for my problems.
Greetings
Karsten
Oh sorry, I forgot to write:
There are some scripts in /etc/rcS.d which I try to understand. An I´m think that these scripts starts other scripts ... and at least, the files in /etc/ppp.
For me it´s important, that one of these scripts starts the pppd with its configuration files.
Karsten

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99
Corsair RM750e 750W Fully Modular 80 Plus Gold ATX 3.1 PSU Certified Refurbished
$44.99
AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8-Core 16-Thread 3.4GHz 36MB Cache AM4 926WOF
$177.00
Intel Core i7-9700 3.00 GHz LGA 1151 Desktop CPU Processor SRG13
$79.99
Intel Core i9-9900 | SRG18 | 3.10 GHz | 8 Cores | LOT OF 10
$1505.77
Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99
Intel Core i7-9700K Octa-Core 3.6 GHz Desktop CPU
$99.99
Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$74.99
Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY
$94.99
COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4
$169.95