-
Knoppix on SNI Pimergy 460
Hi,
I try to run Knoppix 3.8.1 on an old SNI Primergy 460 with 2 Pentium 2 (300 MHz) and 128 MB RAM.
It simply do not boot. I get no error. When I start to run Knoppix without any parametery, the screen simply wents black and that is it. When I try with parameters e.g. "debug 2 failsafe", I get:
Loading linux ......
Loading minirt.gz ..........
Ready.
And that is all.
An old Knoppix 3.1 runs without any Problems.
My System has:
- Adaptec AIC7880 with a CD ROM
- ICP vortex GDT-PCI with a raid 5 of 4 SCSI disks (9GB each)
- Ethernet is an Ethernet Pro 100 (i82555)
2 CPU: Pentium II (300 MHz)
Do you have any idea, what else I could try?
With kind regards,
Konrad
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS ELITE AX ATX Intel LGA1700 DDR5 Wi-Fi 6E Gaming
$125.00

ASRock Z890 Nova WiFi LGA 1851 Intel Z890 ATX Motherboard
$184.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

JINSHA B450M B450 AM4 MicroATX Motherboard DDR4 2DIMM M.2 W/ IO SHIELD
$49.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.99

ASUS Prime H610I-PLUS D4 Mini-ITX Intel LGA 1700 DDR4 M.2 PCIe 4.0
$63.00

ASUS PRIME Z490-P LGA 1200 Intel Z490 SATA 6Gb/s ATX Intel Motherboard NEW
$121.45