-
Making a music CD
I have used the burner programme K3b to successfully burn data CDs but when it comes to music it's a different story.
I have ripped a CD using a different OS to the hard-drive as .wav files and now I want to burn them to a CD using the Knoppix OS but when I attemot to do this I get this message:
http://bogle.homestead.com/files/k3b_burner.jpg
I have found a similar post
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...553&highlight=
but I'm not sure I understand what has to be done. Can someone help please?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Phooey on K3b. Use cdrecord, it's much easier AND it actually works.
# cdrecord -scanbus
Cdrecord 2.01a05 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2002 Jörg Schilling
Linux sg driver version: 3.1.24
Using libscg version 'schily-0.7'
scsibus0:
0,0,0 0) 'SONY ' 'CD-RW CRX100E ' '2.0h' Removable CD-ROM
0,1,0 1) 'HITACHI ' 'DVD-ROM GD-2500 ' '0101' Removable CD-ROM
0,2,0 2) *
0,3,0 3) *
0,4,0 4) *
0,5,0 5) *
0,6,0 6) *
0,7,0 7) *
Notice how it identifies my cdburner as 0,0,0. Your mileage may vary.
cd /the/directory/with/your/.wav/files
cdrecord -v speed=4 dev=0,0,0 -audio track*.wav
This is assuming you have a 4x cd burner. This command will burn ALL files in the directory to cd. If you just want to test without making a coaster use the -dummy option like so:
cdrecord -v -dummy speed=4 dev=0,0,0 track*.wav
Do man cdrecord to learn more.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Making a music CD

Originally Posted by
Ewen
I have used the burner programme K3b to successfully burn data CDs but when it comes to music it's a different story.
I have ripped a CD using a different OS to the hard-drive as .wav files and now I want to burn them to a CD using the Knoppix OS but when I attemot to do this I get this message:
http://bogle.homestead.com/files/k3b_burner.jpg
I have found a similar post
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...553&highlight=
but I'm not sure I understand what has to be done. Can someone help please?
Just open k3b, go to Settings, Configure k3b.
Goto devices and set it for your burner to generic-mmc.
cu
Fabian
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Making a music CD

Originally Posted by
Fabianx
Just open k3b, go to Settings, Configure k3b.
Goto devices and set it for your burner to generic-mmc.
cu
Fabian
It would seem Fabian that K3b has wrecked more than a few fstabs. I have no trouble using other gui's. k3b also errors trying to copy a cd. The only time it worked was to burn an .iso
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Making a music CD

Originally Posted by
rickenbacherus

Originally Posted by
Fabianx
Just open k3b, go to Settings, Configure k3b.
Goto devices and set it for your burner to generic-mmc.
cu
Fabian
It would seem Fabian that K3b has wrecked more than a few fstabs. I have no trouble using other gui's. k3b also errors trying to copy a cd. The only time it worked was to burn an .iso
You talk about k3b-setup, I talk about configure k3b. And yes, k3b does work like a charm here. (Music-Dds, Isos, Data, Copy, No problems)
cu
Fabian
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Making a music CD

Originally Posted by
Fabianx
You talk about k3b-setup, I talk about configure k3b. And yes, k3b does work like a charm here. (Music-Dds, Isos, Data, Copy, No problems)
cu
Fabian
Huh- I'll have to check it out. Am I to understand then that your experience with k3b setup is similar to mine or did it work for you?
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: Making a music CD

Originally Posted by
rickenbacherus

Originally Posted by
Fabianx
You talk about k3b-setup, I talk about configure k3b. And yes, k3b does work like a charm here. (Music-Dds, Isos, Data, Copy, No problems)
cu
Fabian
Huh- I'll have to check it out. Am I to understand then that your experience with k3b setup is similar to mine or did it work for you?
k3bsetup is (sorry to say that) CRAP.
But "Configure k3b" (and THAT IS NOT THE SAME, sorry for shouting
) works and k3b does work also!
cu
Fabian
-
Kb3 Setup will not let me in without a root password ... how the devil do I do that? Verything I try gets kicked back>
-
Junior Member
registered user
Copy/Paste from FAQ
Q: What is the root password?
A: There is none; all passwords are locked by default. You can set it by going Knoppix Menu->Root Shell and typing "passwd", then enterting a root password, also there are several sections you can read dealing with this subject in KNOPPIX/README_Security.txt. You can also type "sudo su" or "sudo -s" in any console window, or use <ctr>-<alt>-F2 to get at the text console with already opened root shell.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Ewen
Kb3 Setup will not let me in without a root password ... how the devil do I do that? Verything I try gets kicked back>
YOU SHOULD GO TO "Configure k3b" NOT TO K3B Setup.
DO NOT USE "k3bsetup" !!!!!
Did I speak clear now ?
cu
Fabian
Similar Threads
-
By kornface13 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-06-2004, 03:16 PM
-
By patiscool in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-24-2004, 02:35 AM
-
Replies: 2
Last Post: 12-15-2003, 06:14 PM
-
By andrei in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 08-15-2003, 10:33 PM
-
By Loper in forum The Lounge
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-22-2003, 06:39 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$16.41

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99

5Ports Gigabit Network Switch w/ 4 PoE+ Ports Total 52W each port 30W Plug&Play
$31.99